Badgers 1/72 Dragon Ersatz M10

badger

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/12/2020 at 07:34, stevehnz said:

Looking good Ben, I'm impressed with what you've done. It is nice to see how one of these looks. :)

Steve.

Thanks Steve. Not much left to do on it now.

Happy New Year All!!

I managed to find some time today to pull this back out and continue making some progress.

I applied a variety of static grasses and tufts to the base to give it a autumnal tone. Just need to tidy up the edges and gloss varnish the black now.

20210101_203015

For the tank itself little progress, although O have stuck the tracks together and clamped this whilst they dry.

I then found out the remaining parts and got these ready to finish off - spare track links and that elusive headlight.

20210101_202933

More soon

Ben

• Like 7

Some small progress tonight - I've fitted the tracks!

20210104_204902

These have been glued to the tops of the wheels (hence the sprue spacers) and I'll let that set overnight.

Spare track links have had a wash applied but need another coat before I can fit them.

It's close now

Ben

• Like 6

Well I wanted to take my mind off the recent lockdown news (I'm a teacher so will now be delivering all my lessons from home!), so decided to push on with this.

Spare track links have been fitted as has the elusive headlight. I've repaired the bar across the turret armour as well.

20210104_215013

I decided to live dangerously so removed the spacers and am pretty pleased with how the tracks have settled down.

Just some final weathering on the wheels and tracks, a gloss varnish on the base edges and some mud to blend the tank into the groundwork and this is done.

Ben

• Like 6

Three updates in a night - a new record for me I think!!

I've stuck the tank to the base - this needs bedding in with some mud mix now.

I've attached the first figure - slightly annoyed the posing isn't as good as I planned as I forgot to take into account the spare track link!

Finally I've trimmed the grass a bit to tidy it up around the edges.

20210104_222226

Not much left now.

Ben

• Like 7

On 05/01/2021 at 08:06, stevehnz said:

That has come up a treat Ben, to say I'm mildly annoyed that my track issue stopped mine dead (in its tracks, :D ) is an understatement. :(

Steve.

Hi Steve 

Yep - I'm not a fan of dragon ds tracks at all. Discovered they have perished in one of my jagdtiger kits a couple of weeks ago despite being sealed in their bag still.

That'll be more money going OKB Grigorov's way then!

Could you pick up a cheap revell or zvezda kit and nick the tracks from that. Cheaper than OKB and the hull etc could be used to make one of the dug in ones from the end of the war in Berlin?

7 hours ago, Longbow said:

Very nice finish, Ben !!

Sorry to hear about the lock down there.... Good luck !!

Cheers - this is the third one now so getting used to it. To save my sanity in the many long meetings I have to attend, I often have a kit on the go next to me whilst I listen in. Just got to make sure the webcam is off!!

All the best

Ben

• Like 3

Brilliant work as always mate - Happy New Year - thanks for the card - I hope you got yours too.

I know the teaching has been somewhat "strange" this year - but you are a true hero - so stay strong & look after your pupils.

Steve

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BIG X said:

Brilliant work as always mate - Happy New Year - thanks for the card - I hope you got yours too.

I know the teaching has been somewhat "strange" this year - but you are a true hero - so stay strong & look after your pupils.

Steve

Thanks Steve and thank you for the card. It did arrive safely.

Definitely not a hero - just trying to do my job and get through this mess as best as we all can. The one consolation working from home brings is the occasional chance to grab a bit of cheeky modelling time whilst in a meeting (and there have been a lot of those this week!!)

Having said that I am still teaching a few classes in person to the more vulnerable students so do still have go in a few days.

I've done a bit more on the panther but no photos. It's now been blended into the base with some mud and I've glossed the black edge tonight (needs another coat).

A couple of hours over the weekend would see this finished, then I can prepare for the Panzer III GB and all the OKB resin goodies I have planned.

Stay safe

Ben

• Like 4

Small amount of progress tonight. Have painted the blended in mud with a base coat.

Not very exciting so no photos.

More soon

Ben

• Like 4

Lots of progress tonight with final weathering, base touch ups and varnish and adding the second figure.

Need to add some more grass tomorrow once all this is dry as it's a bit patchy in places. Luckily I had a large order through from WWS scenics last week with a variety of different lengths so plenty to choose from. 

No photos as waiting for varnish to dry before it can be moved.

Hope to have this done and in the gallery tomorrow.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Ben. Good luck this evening. It was looking great last time seen!

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix.

Almost done. Just waiting on a gloss varnish coat to dry while I wash the dishes. 

Just a last few touch-ups to do. Nothing like a deadline to focus the mind!!

I've been struggling to find any love for this build for some reason, so be good to get it done, especially as I'm enjoying the M60 in the Gulf War GB.

And I'm calling this done.

20210117_193657

20210117_193707 20210117_193717 20210117_193740 20210117_193824 20210117_193854

Whilst at times I have really struggled to keep this build going, I'm happy with the final result.

Off to put the photos in the gallery. 

Many thanks to all who have looked in and supported me with this build and to @Corsairfoxfouruncle for being the host with the most!!

See you in the Panzer III GB and the Gulf War GB for more 1/72 fun!

Ben

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

That looks brilliant!! For saying you haven't enjoyed the build it turned out beautifully! Well done. :goodjob:

Kind regards,

Stix 

Thanks Stix - it wasn't quite finished in that photo but is now :giggle:

Ben

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Well done Ben.. Hopefully I can finish mine up soon. 

Thanks Dennis.

Hopefully so - I look forward to seeing it.

All the best

Ben

59 minutes ago, exdraken said:

the Ersatz M10 is somthing very intriguing! although not entirely successful, it actually looks quite purposeful!

great model!

:thumbsup:

Thank you very much - it does look rather menacing from certain angles