F-16 B 'Dragones' - Venezuelan Air Force

Not my usual kind of subject (no propeller...), but I joined an F-16 group build of my regional model club. I'm not very interested in the 50 shades of grey that normally adorn modern jet fighters, so I opted for an aircraft in the SEAC colours of the Venezuelan Air Force, with the bright commemorative markings for the 25th anniversary of the 'Dragones'.

The kit is from Revell, that I kindly acquired from a fellow modeller from Denmark, through the Scalemates network. The decals are from Aztec, and using the 'strong' version of Daco decal setting solution they confirmed beautifully on the tail.

I hope you like it.

Peter

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 52
  • Thanks 1

Great job indeed!

I agree, other than the Israeli scheme, you really see the other non-grey schemes (Venezuela, Indonesia) and they look great on the F-16. Well done!

The Venezuelan scheme is one I would love to have but, so far, there are no decals available in 1:144.

Miguel

Edited by Mig88
Added a comment
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mig88 said:

Great job indeed!

I agree, other than the Israeli scheme, you really see the other non-grey schemes (Venezuela, Indonesia) and they look great on the F-16. Well done!

The Venezuelan scheme is one I would love to have but, so far, there are no decals available in 1:144.

Miguel

Hi Miguel,

Maybe you can use Aztec's generic Venezuelan decal sheet for starters? This also includes 1:144 scale markings: https://aztecmodels.com/collections/decals/products/g-004-generic-decals-venezuelan-air-force

Or write them an e-mail suggesting they should issue the F-16 sheet in your scale 🙂

Un cordial saludo,

Peter

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pedro1 said:

Hi Miguel,

Maybe you can use Aztec's generic Venezuelan decal sheet for starters? This also includes 1:144 scale markings: https://aztecmodels.com/collections/decals/products/g-004-generic-decals-venezuelan-air-force

Or write them an e-mail suggesting they should issue the F-16 sheet in your scale 🙂

Un cordial saludo,

Peter

Thanks for the tip!

Miguel

Very nice.  There`s no doubt that the gears are turning inside our friend “Ridge Runner`s” ( Martin ) head right now because of this fabulous F-16. 

:goodjob:

Mike

• Haha 1

Just now, Sky Keg said:

Very nice.  There`s no doubt that the gears are turning inside our friend “Ridge Runner`s” ( Martin ) head right now because of this fabulous F-16. 

:goodjob:

Mike

You are not wrong, Mike!!! If I had a slot in my build plans I'd probably go a little older and build a FAV F-5B :)

Martin

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RidgeRunner said:

You are not wrong, Mike!!! If I had a slot in my build plans I'd probably go a little older and build a FAV F-5B :)

Martin

Which is also a very nice looking aeroplane btw

Peter

• Like 1

• 2 years later...