1934 Pit Stop

Hi All

Finally finished! The car is excellent Matchbox 1/32 scale Type 59 Bugatti with wheels from Le Mans Miniatures. I added brake lines and plug leads from fuse wire. The building itself is balsa and card. The setting is entirely fictitious and has probably added a few a points to my modellers licence! The clutter is from the usual sources. I have to admit I'm not completely happy with the figures. This is the first time I've included a number of figures and I found them quite tricky. But I'll persevere. CIVCi84.jpg oT2lmaR.jpg I1dGdSB.jpg chgmACA.jpg cLwN99r.jpg wF13Fde.jpg tdPjREM.jpg 1hEFYIg.jpg

Edited by RichM
  • Like 29
  • Thanks 1

A fantastic,, full of detail job, you've done there Rich! Great to see Murray Walker in his youth. It would be great to see Formula 1 pits tops through the ages.

Rearguards,

Badder

I've moved this for you Rich, but I just check the large looking pics, and noticed that they were loading slowly and were very large.

I tested some of the pics, and they were 1.8mb in size, which is huge when posting up on the internet.  You should be aiming to save your files to around 200kb optimally, give or take a bit.  To accomplish this, you can reduce the size of your pics, as anything over the recommended 1024 x 800 maximum we advise, it's wasted bandwidth and storage space useage.  Most people view these pics on phones, tablets and 1080p screens, so huge photos of 4000 x 3000 px will have to be shrunk down by the forum software (load on the server and delay for the user), as well as the extra bandwidth that is uses up (10x what's necessary).

The downsides of this from a viewer's point of view is the waiting time before you can view the pics, and some people might get bored and click away.  From the server's point of view, it's wasteful of bandwidth, storage size (we cache images to improve speed), and it's also wasteful of the server's resources, which means a slower experience for all of us.

This isn't meant as a "telling off" BTW, more of a bit of useful advice to help you as well as help us.  If you can size your pics to the recommended limits, we'll be really happy, and so will the members :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...