A light like thirty torches (1/48 Eduard Spitfire I)

4 hours ago, Procopius said:

Then when Mrs P finally got home, we had to pick up three mattresses we neither needed nor wanted from a former neighbor

Raises flags, I was trained not to respond to HAVE TO,  do we need to arrange instruction Eduardo?

Notwithstanding other stuff of the day, which sucks, the Spitfire panels are damned fine and things of approaching beauty.

• Like 1

Belated welcome back PC. Glad to hear that despite the trials and tribulations of family life, you and the family are still well despite this awful pandemic. Great work on the Spit, well up to your usual standards. 

Sorry for the :D Edward, you're starting to make mine seem like angels. I shall have to stop viewing these threads of yours. ;) :D 

Carry on with your fumble fingers deviation, decals on the side walls, sheesh, whatever next. :unsure:

Steve.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the lack of updates, folks. I've been going to bed at 9 PM and waking up at 4 AM to get my work done before the boys awake, and so haven't had much time to myself, especially as Mrs P has pushed their bedtimes back to 7:30 PM. And of course Grant caught another cold, because 'tis the season, and then I got sick, so I have a light cold an took two days off work to lapse into a healing coma (periodically interrupted by Winston giving me highly irrelevant updates about things of no importance). Struggling to get back into the swing of things: it feels like every time I start to get into a routine this year, something new upends it.

• Like 2
  • Sad 10

5 minutes ago, Procopius said:

it feels like every time I start to get into a routine this year, something new upends it.

I think a lot of us can sympathise with you there. So many things we had planned for 2020 simply evaporated, while a load of other worse stuff happened instead. All we can do is try to stay strong and stay safe. :grouphug:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

As already stated, much of what we all planned went South this year. What is required is the sense of humour to see the funny side of things that are not inherently funny. 

Until you look back at them from a few years in the future and realise how ridiculous it all was!

Chin up!

ian

• Like 2

The war will be over by Christmas, no wait that was 1914, hmmm. 

Being an avid reader of history books, I can’t help but feel this is a bit like the two world wars just without the actual shooting.

Planning, yes I do seem to remember that. Hmm

Yes the world has been turned upside down. Between COVID and Brexit and of course let us not forget next weeks election ( which may mark the first return to sanity, or may not)

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 3

Maybe a bath of the stuff.  It will be no consolation whatsoever, I imagine, but you have a rare gift for making a hellish time for you entertaining for the rest of us through the verve & quality of your writing.  I doubt that helps, but it’s fun for us...

• Like 3

The only way out is through...  doesn’t mean it doesn’t suck from time to time!  Hang in there, all things pass!

2 minutes ago, Space Ranger said:

Better a bottle of good bourbon or Scotch, I think.

This definitely helps sometimes ! 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mark.au said:

The only way out is through...  doesn’t mean it doesn’t suck from time to time!  Hang in there, all things pass!

This definitely helps sometimes ! 😁

Kilmister recipie:

Gin & tonic, 7/3.

Note to self: Not to heavy on the tonic... 

My brother is going for a Rickenbacker. 

I am getting myself a Gretch. 

Skype on, Rock&Roll 🤠 The Boys are back in town! 

Get well soon👍

Stay safe, stay sane and happy modelling! 

Zack

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Hi PC,

Late to the party as usual, but great to see you back, I  love your threads, and enjoy the tales of your trials and tribulations despite the frequent awfulness of them....

Nice looking Spit too.....

All the best

Geoff

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/11/2020 at 6:59 AM, Procopius said:

I'm not sure how a single mother with three kids is a complete family, but it's a new century. I admire those midcentury men who seized their destiny by the hands and went out to get a pack of cigarettes and never came back.

Hi Edward,

I think I heard the voice of Johnny Cash there, but his protagonist went out for the papers as I recall.

It was good to be able to enjoy another of your intros, I'd been wondering where you'd got to.

4 hours ago, Steve Coombs said:

Are you OK there, Edward?

Hope all is well, or at least improving.

I'm still alive, just exhausted. I think I've spent less time by myself this past year than at any point in my adult life, and I'm starting to lose my mind. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 11

1 hour ago, Procopius said:

I'm still alive, just exhausted. I think I've spent less time by myself this past year than at any point in my adult life, and I'm starting to lose my mind. 

Sounds like you need a hobby.

• Haha 4