F-14D Tomcat GWH 1/72

rymulus

Still a fantastic job.

I can't imagine the time and patience it took you to create this wonderful work.
For me it is a dream, thank you for proving that it is possible to achieve such a high level of detail.

Thank you, it makes you want to improve (it's great, even if it's a long way to go)

• Thanks 1

Incredible craftsmanship, and in 1:72 scale - that makes it even more impressive.     👍  👍  👍  👍

I have a question, and please don't take this as a criticism, but are you following reference photos as you add the detail, trying to replicate the real thing as best as you can? I have done that in much larger scales (like 1:32) but in 1:72 scale I tend to add details just to "create a mood" and I'm not overly concerned with absolute accuracy. So I'm curious about your methodology. Thanks.   

Cheers,

Bill

• Thanks 1

On 4/22/2021 at 9:39 PM, Zorglub said:

Still a fantastic job.

Thanks Zorglub

On 4/22/2021 at 10:27 PM, Navy Bird said:

I have a question, and please don't take this as a criticism, but are you following reference photos as you add the detail, trying to replicate the real thing as best as you can?

Yes. I can't work without good photo documentation. I only build elements and bays for which I have good photos. If I want to do something but I don't have documentation or there are many doubts, I try not to do it. I always try to recreate reality on a smaller scale. I count cables, pipes, buttons, etc.
The primary source for me is Daco Publication and photos from a friend, he is crazy about the F-14 and has thousands of photos.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I keep telling myself "get involved with needle stitching, it's much easier, why do you still bother with scale modelling????"

Man, your work will make us all change hobbies!! Incredible craftsmanship and in such a small scale, even for an F-14!!!!!!

Keep up the good work mate! Maybe one day, I will manage to at least, build a scale model (ANY SCALE MODEL) of this level and quality!!!

Cheers,

Bill

• Thanks 1

After many attempts, I was able to make the instrument panel. Looking for the best way to make this element, I made a few prototypes. Most of them turned out to be unsuccessful. Only the use of adhesive tape turned out to be a bull's eye.
Below are some photos of the board and the stages of its construction.

3iNarYi.jpg

hzrdGFG.jpg

nDjTVyV.jpg

96JT7bk.jpg

aeh68OV.jpg

PnpEIL2.jpg

uQ02GDo.jpg

bPR5srT.jpg

P8nG4KC.jpg

LbsOYMg.jpg

5zoGoRT.jpg

JLVWird.jpg

CU7MAve.jpg

REc5DA1.jpg

X7xJVCS.jpg

bDUwni7.jpg

IwoMXgc.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

The more I look at your build, the more I'm impressed. It's just like when looking at a Isle of Man TT video, thinking "these men are so skilled, they most certainly are more than human"

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all.

A small thing, but it makes me happy.
I adjusted the sun visor and made a new holder that is mounted on it. An electronics box is attached to the handle. GWH made this part very simplified so I built it from scratch.

R2z4Eyg.jpg

r2hR0UV.jpg

vopgNXl.jpg

mpcxZGv.jpg

kCKQxY9.jpg

ikRezNw.jpg

jh17fRy.jpg

4IDRyGk.jpg

325QwGh.jpg

e4wP47y.jpg

fDh1z8F.jpg

EsNjDnQ.jpg

kY39dRE.jpg

• Like 11

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2021 at 11:46 PM, SaminCam said:

This is absolutely ridiculous, probably the most awe-inspiring thread I've seen on BM, certainly in 1/72, can't wait to see what you do next! 

On 5/31/2021 at 10:23 AM, _alfisti_ said:

...absolutely crazy, love it.

This will be the best ever 1/72 Tomcat.👍

Thank you very much for your kind words.

Painting and decals.

YzuPgKF.jpg

5zRe2S2.jpg

PooOd5N.jpg

ur4ncj7.jpg

LQEGjIo.jpg

haW3Lvc.jpg

LyIx97Z.jpg

sTGdQC3.jpg

PZZJnKB.jpg

IBvXPEc.jpg

EfASCCq.jpg

G8J1big.jpg

yUdiiGR.jpg

• Like 11

Hello
I almost finished the pilot's cabin. I added some dirt and dust to make it look better.

828uM2c.jpg

FiMLVPR.jpg

ux8Wm3B.jpg

nY2vqEA.jpg

OzRTBOL.jpg

XXxTSGY.jpg

kPIaDxX.jpg

OltbLRg.jpg

I painted the weapon bays and the Vulcan cannon. Then I put everything together. Installation was very stressful and difficult due to the small amount of space in the bays.

LdgB300.jpg

zrIpOeW.jpg

To5kjKC.jpg

toQWfCy.jpg

gFIPIB3.jpg

E9o6cHI.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

After a short break, work on the model moved a bit forward. Finished all inspection bay doors.

mFX9Ad4.jpg

prdJ3Sr.jpg

q5TP999.jpg

br62AGX.jpg

hEOCOWr.jpg

BiW1K5s.jpg

seT8I9u.jpg

nLoLrc7.jpg

I ran forward a little and tried to start the engine from the air intake side. The element from the GWH box is too small and, additionally, it is mounted too close to the beginning of the air intake.
After several unsuccessful attempts, I was able to do something like this. I was pleased with the result so I made a copy to mount on the other side.

GTKOkAk.jpg

Z5ikrhu.jpg

HGxlWlk.jpg

1CTcLuT.jpg

VPITeua.jpg

EgBNBSM.jpg

wmK3NO5.jpg

• Like 10

53 minutes ago, drake122 said:

Seriously, man, why did you even buy the kit? You could have scratchbuilt it all.🤣

Because everyone wrote what a great model it is. I bought it to make it straight from the box without any scratches. As usual, it turned out differently.🤪