Showcase Day Duxford October 2020 Final Batch (Spitfires & Hurricanes)

Alpha Delta 210

Hi,

In conditions reminiscent of the Battle of Britain Air Show at Headcorn in September, I spent a pleasant few hours at Duxford for their final Showcase Day of 2020. Fortunately, the rain stopped before the flying at 13.00. The conditions were not ideal for photography, to say the least!

The highlight for me was the beautiful Spitfires and Hurricanes display.

DSC_5385.jpg

DSC_5410.jpg

DSC_5423.jpg

DSC_5429.jpg

DSC_5522.jpg

DSC_5534.jpg

DSC_5538.jpg

DSC_2689.jpg

DSC_2696.jpg

DSC_5560.jpg

DSC_5563.jpg

DSC_5573.jpg

DSC_5607.jpg

DSC_5628.jpg

DSC_5646.jpg

DSC_5756.jpg

DSC_5773.jpg

DSC_2709.jpg

DSC_2713.jpg

Thanks for looking. I will upload the second batch tomorrow.

• Like 10

Another top notch selection Leigh in less than perfect weather!  I guess that's the end of the display  season now?  Let's all hope that 2021 will be business as usual on the air show front.

Mark

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, canberraman said:

Another top notch selection Leigh in less than perfect weather!  I guess that's the end of the display  season now?  Let's all hope that 2021 will be business as usual on the air show front.

Mark

Hi Mark. Thanks for the kind words! Unfortunately, I think that the Showcase Day was the end of the UK flying season because the Shuttleworth Collection have cancelled their show at the end of October. I have splashed out to sit in Spitfire N3200 at Duxford next month, which should help the IWM coffers a little!

If you're interested, I'll post some shots of the Spitfires and Hurricanes later.

As you say, fingers crossed for next year.

All the best.

I was at Duxford yesterday too.  It seems that that it was the last 'airshow' of the season, and the only show I've managed to get to this year.

Like Alpha Delta 210 I've splashed out to sit in N3200 (with camera too!) next month which will be the 3rd Spitfire I've sat in!

One must hope that something will fill the hole in the Duxford calendar left by Flying Legend's departure.

Yesterday was the first 'showcase' I've been to - I hope it won't be the last.  There were LOTS of aeroplanes out in the open and the flying show was good - no-one's fault that the weather wasn't exactly good.  It stopped raining at the start and held off until the end - I just had time to get the camera into my bag before it came down again.

Great pics, AD210.  I concentrated on the 'static' and walked through the hangars.

Jonny

• Like 1

• Alpha Delta 210 changed the title to Showcase Day Duxford October 2020 Batch 2 (Spitfires & Hurricanes)

Some outstanding pics, really beautiful planes. Standout pics for me are the shots from the tail of the Spitfire, looking over to the wooded hill. Nice to see all these warbirds in one place.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Parabat said:

Some outstanding pics, really beautiful planes. Standout pics for me are the shots from the tail of the Spitfire, looking over to the wooded hill. Nice to see all these warbirds in one place.

Thanks very much Parabat. I'm pleased you like them. I agree with you about the Spitfire pictures as I love the way the light is falling on them. I also like the Hurricane take off shots because I used a very slow shutter speed which really gives the impression of speed.

• Alpha Delta 210 changed the title to Showcase Day Duxford October 2020 Final Batch (Spitfires & Hurricanes)