Bf109F-4 trop

Hello all.  My first 'desert' themed build - a HobbyBoss 1/48 Bf109F-4 in North Africa trim.  I added a spare tropical filter from a Hasegawa kit, which needed some minor mods to fit, but nothing serious.  Good fun kit to build (this is the second one I've done) everything goes together well apart from the canopy, which needs a bit of work to fit flush (mine still doesn't).  The undercarriage doors are also ridiculously flimsy - I accidentally broke one in half, but it repaired ok.  Painted to represent 'Schwarz 2' flown by Uffz. Hans Neiderhofer of 5/JG27 based at Martuba, Libya, 1942.  Decals from Printscale, which went on pretty well.  Comments and critique welcome :) 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 25

Crikey, Werdna, you've got a heck of a work rate...

And once again, you've pipped me to the post (well, give or take a few weeks, at any rate).  I have to agree about HB's pitiful attempt at the undercarriage, too.

Cracking job, sir.

• Like 1

Thanks Jack.. :) 

First time I made one of these, I wasn't sure whether the problem was me or the undercarriage at fault.  Now I can say it's definitely the undercarriage ;) 

2 hours ago, Werdna said:

Now I can say it's definitely the undercarriage ;) 

It’s the same on the Gustav I’m currently wrestling. Spindly and widely-splayed and barely capable of taking the weight of the model. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Walter said:

Nice work Werdna. Just a question for anyone can the F series be made to look like a G series? From what I've read it's visually the same as a G2 right. 

Thanks Walter.  I think F-4 to G-2 would be outwardly very similar, with only some minor details like some additional small cooling inlets on the G (which the HobbyBoss F-4 seems to have anyway).  H-B also makes a G-2 kit, and I'm wondering what differences (if any) there may be in the moulds..

• Thanks 1