1/35 Dragon Panzerkampfwagen 'V' Panther.. 'Snow Cat'

langy

A couple of months ago I returned to this build, it started life as the Dragon, Kursk Panther D  (6164,) it had been left due to me loosing interest after sifting through loads of confusing info about German Panther tanks at Kursk, so it sat for nearly two years in my shed, unloved and unwanted..

I'm not sure how or why I finally suddenly decided to ditch the Kursk angle, but I figured I'd have a crack at turning it into a winterized Panther tank based at Karkhov ...(or any other winter location)..

So the story goes like this,

The Panther tank has stopped for the night to resupply and the crew to grab a bit of rest, this is the following morning with the crew grabbing a brew whilst they finish re-supplying their vehicle.. 

thoughts and comments are always welcome..

spacer.png

IMG-3945.jpg

image6.jpg

image4.jpg

image2.jpg

image3.jpg

P1030790.jpg

P1030791-2.jpg

P1030792-Copy.jpg

P1030793.jpg

P1030794.jpg

P1030798.jpg

P1030799.jpg

P1030800.jpg

P1030801.jpg

Edited by langy
title change
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, langy said:

So the story goes like this,

The Panther tank has stopped for the night to resupply and the crew to grab a bit of rest, this is the following morning with the crew grabbing a brew whilst they finish re-supplying their vehicle.. 

Looking at the poses and positioning of your crew, an alternative back story could easily be that they are taking a pause for breath and to reflect after being in action for some time, you've given the two figures on the ground very drained "thousand yard stare" expressions.

Excellent modelling none-the-less sir

• Like 1

On 10/10/2020 at 3:13 PM, Richard E said:

Looking at the poses and positioning of your crew, an alternative back story could easily be that they are taking a pause for breath and to reflect after being in action for some time, you've given the two figures on the ground very drained "thousand yard stare" expressions.

Excellent modelling none-the-less sir

I've gotta admit, I like your story better..👍

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/10/2020 at 2:22 PM, Texans said:

Stunning  have always wanted to try a winter / white wash camo but worry gonna look awful or too white  and  wreck the model.  Is the building scratch built? 

thanks buddy, the building is from 'miniart',  if you google it you'll find there's a shed load to choose from.