Jump to content

EE Lightning T4, RAF Wattisham, 1960s - 1/72nd SWORD


Recommended Posts

Fantastic work Giorgio, the detail is absolutely incredible.  All the extra bits and the ground crew etc are very well executed.  Hard to believe that it's in 72nd.

Well done and worth all those months of hard work!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree 100% with the above statement.

If you reproduce any of the diorama photos in black and white with an airfield background they would be difficult to distinguish from a period photograph of the real thing.

 

John

PS: Thanks for the mention, it was a pleasure to be able to help.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a minute wasted Giorgio.

 

Every second of this journey has been a delight mate, thanks for giving me too much credit for a gift I would not have used any way.

 

It looks a real treat on the diorama base, magnifico!

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

An outstanding build! I'm most impressed by the detail of the ejection seats. No way I could do that. The diorama is superb.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely stunning. Is that your best build yet? :) 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This is fantastic! A brilliant subject and some of those close-ups look like the real thing. Outstanding build.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a cracking Lightning. Fantastic job. I love the contrasting panels here and there..very nice. I've built a couple of Sword twin seaters myself and they take a little bit of extra work but do look the part. Great to see a T4 in arguably one of the finest of Lightning colour schemes of all time 👍👍

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely brilliant work, your attention to detail is amazing. I've made a few Sword kits over the last few years and as you say the do require some extra work.

 

gazza l 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Great to see her in RFI G.

With the fun and games you had with her, its good to see her in her rightful place.

 

Well done mate.

 

Simon.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2020 at 13:38, 71chally said:

Fantastic work Giorgio, the detail is absolutely incredible.  All the extra bits and the ground crew etc are very well executed.  Hard to believe that it's in 72nd.

Well done and worth all those months of hard work!

Thank you James, much appreciated! :thumbsup: It certainly testes my patience along the way :winkgrin:

On 10/10/2020 at 14:14, Biggles87 said:

Agree 100% with the above statement.

If you reproduce any of the diorama photos in black and white with an airfield background they would be difficult to distinguish from a period photograph of the real thing.

 

John

PS: Thanks for the mention, it was a pleasure to be able to help.

You mean like this:

finito15 - seppia

 

finito13 - seppia

 

:winkgrin: :D 

On 10/10/2020 at 14:45, perdu said:

Not a minute wasted Giorgio.

 

Every second of this journey has been a delight mate, thanks for giving me too much credit for a gift I would not have used any way.

 

It looks a real treat on the diorama base, magnifico!

Thank you Bill :thumbsup: It is true though that you and Silvano saved my build, in full BM style :) 

On 10/10/2020 at 14:53, Harry Lime said:

Absolutely superb!

 

Mark.

Thank you Mark :thumbsup:

On 10/10/2020 at 15:15, SAT69 said:

An outstanding build! I'm most impressed by the detail of the ejection seats. No way I could do that. The diorama is superb.

Thanks SAT69 :thumbsup: The ejection seats are a mix of resin and PE as provided by the kit - outstanding detail from scratch

On 10/10/2020 at 15:29, CedB said:

Absolutely stunning. Is that your best build yet? :) 

Way too kind, Ced :thumbsup:  I don't think it's my best, I still favor SANDY-BAY BEE (the Phantom F-4C) and maybe a couple of others over it - but this is surely the one I captured better with photos, as I managed to snap them outside with natural light. It makes a great deal of difference IMO, especially for the non killed photographer that I am ... :shrug:  :D 

23 hours ago, Lord Riot said:

This is fantastic! A brilliant subject and some of those close-ups look like the real thing. Outstanding build.

Thanl Lord Riot, glad you like her :thumbsup:

20 hours ago, James G said:

Very nice job, great diorama!

Thank you James, I'm pretty chuffed about the diorama too :thumbsup: 

20 hours ago, binbrook87 said:

That's a cracking Lightning. Fantastic job. I love the contrasting panels here and there..very nice. I've built a couple of Sword twin seaters myself and they take a little bit of extra work but do look the part. Great to see a T4 in arguably one of the finest of Lightning colour schemes of all time 👍👍

Thank you binbrook87 :thumbsup:  The color scheme captured me right away, actually. As for the contrasting panels, that's one thing I could have done better (less contrast) but ... lesson learnt for next time :winkgrin: 

19 hours ago, Lightningboy2000 said:

Absolutely fantastic, all of it! 

Another Telford Gold (if there was one this year)!!!

 

Martin

VEry kind of you, Martin :thumbsup: Let's hope in next year's edition of Telford - might be the time I'll finally be able to attend .... :) 

19 hours ago, Head in the clouds. said:

Superb and a great diorama

Thanks Head in the clouds, much appreciated :thumbsup:

19 hours ago, ColinChipmunkfan said:

One of the best 1/72 Lightnings I have seen, the diorama is also first class.

Thank you Colin :thumbsup: She's still quite a big beast even at this scale :frantic:

19 hours ago, Phone Phixer said:

Absolutely stunning work. I truly doff my hat to you.

Many thanks, PP :) :thumbsup:

6 hours ago, gazza l said:

Absolutely brilliant work, your attention to detail is amazing. I've made a few Sword kits over the last few years and as you say the do require some extra work.

 

gazza l 

Thanks gazza I :thumbsup: So you know what they are like, right? :D I bought their 1/48 RE2005 along with this, but I need some "regular" kit biulds before attempting another short run kit now ... :D 

37 minutes ago, Spookytooth said:

Great to see her in RFI G.

With the fun and games you had with her, its good to see her in her rightful place.

 

Well done mate.

 

Simon.

Cheers Simon, thank you for following along! :thumbsup: It's been quite a fight (given also the self induced trouble ... :banghead: ) but I'm glad I pulled this one over too :) 

 

Ciao

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just had a look through your Flickr build album. Interesting to see all your build thread through photos.

I'm really going to have to get some of that MDF sheeting & make some proper bases, yours has inspired me! 👍

 

Martin

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

What a beautiful result and oh, the memories, the memories!  I had a look at my log books and unbelievably the last time I flew a T4 was a tad over 49 and a half years ago! (Sadly never 992),  Thank you for a fascinating build thread and congrats on the finished article!   Skip

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, phantom61 said:

great Job Giorgio...

 

I'm proud of you

 

🤣🤣

 

ciao Silvano

I'm proud of you too :rofl: :rofl: Kidding aside, thank yo very much for all your contributions to the build, and for giving me great directions about the diorama - following your lead there, Maestro! :thumbsup: 

4 hours ago, Mig88 said:

Smashing job indeed and nicely done diorama!

 

Miguel

Gracias Miguel! :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, Skip said:

What a beautiful result and oh, the memories, the memories!  I had a look at my log books and unbelievably the last time I flew a T4 was a tad over 49 and a half years ago! (Sadly never 992),  Thank you for a fascinating build thread and congrats on the finished article!   Skip

Skip, I'm so glad you approve of my job! :thumbsup: I hope the memories are mostly good :winkgrin:

 

Ciao

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of hard work on your behalf but what a superb Lightning - she looks neat from normal viewing distance & the brave cockpit close ups look great under such close scrutiny - also like the couple of B/W photos you have added.

CJP

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...