Gothic Serpent “Super 64”

I sort of need to be careful here incase I get myself banned.......:D Basically the model is pretty rubbish if you want to build a Somali Blackhawk out of the box........though Kitty Hawk would believe you can going by the box artwork and decals! 

But nah!!! You need to do quite a lot of research and some modification work plus add some extra bits to get even half way there......plus you need to get the correct decals.

But the real issues are with the model, instructions, avoid for the most part, fit is so so in places, locating pins and holes are just plain missing, injector pins all over the place so every piece need to be cleaned up...and finally for such a new model there is a lot of flash and if you like to use Lacquers like I do the plastic starts to go funny?

For anyone new to modelling this model would almost turn them off! When I first opened the box I was just amazed at how full is was and the details.........but that gloss fades very quickly and turns to frustration. Which is a real shame, there is just so much potential.

Would I build another or another in the range, straight off I'd say no.....but maybe one day.......

This build is not 100% accurate, details are still a bit sketchy as to the exact configuration of these birds. I have see a few Pro builds and each is a bit different. I sort of chose what looked the right. For a bird with such history attached to her I tried to get it as close as I could...again she's not perfect but hope she is a fitting tribute! 

Thank you for looking and enjoy.

Model: Kitty Hawk 1/35th MH-60L Blackhawk

Paint:  Mr Paint Lacquers, and Tamiya Acrylics 

Extras: 

Live Resin – Fast Rope & Fast Rope Mount

Live Resin – M134D Armament Upgrade set

Werner’s Wings TF 160th in Somalia decals

IMG_4942-XL.jpg

IMG_4941-XL.jpg

IMG_4938-XL.jpg

IMG_4933-XL.jpg

IMG_4932-XL.jpg

IMG_4930-XL.jpg

IMG_4928-XL.jpg

IMG_4926-XL.jpg

IMG_4925-XL.jpg

IMG_4924-XL.jpg

IMG_4922-XL.jpg

IMG_4921-XL.jpg

IMG_4920-XL.jpg

IMG_4918-XL.jpg

IMG_4910-XL.jpg

• Like 52

Despite what you've said in the write up, the amount of work you've put into this is evident.

It certainly is instantly recognisable as a Blackhawk but the level of detail and realism you've gone to is astonishing.

Hats off to you for creating a stunning model (and helicopters aren't really my thing!)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GDumbrell said:

Despite what you've said in the write up, the amount of work you've put into this is evident.

It certainly is instantly recognisable as a Blackhawk but the level of detail and realism you've gone to is astonishing.

Hats off to you for creating a stunning model (and helicopters aren't really my thing!)

I agree and will add the hard used in the desert look is very well replicated. I'm just plain amazed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have no knowledge on any accuracy issues, but that sure is a most realistic looking Blackhawk!

The dirt and dust effects really heighten the realism.

An astonishingly good result, especially considering you had to wrestle with it so much.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

• Thanks 1