260 a flying barrel - SAAB J-29 Tunnan

Wez

20 hours ago, Wez said:

(I haven't decided which scheme yet).

That top scheme looks tasty, Wez ;)

16 hours ago, Wez said:

Sorry mate, I'm from the punk generation, ABBA was music my mum listened to (mind you, Agnetha and Anni-Frid...)

I'd probably pick Blink-182 :)

17 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

That top scheme looks tasty, Wez

Yes, I'm torn between that and the one beneath it with the red ring around the nose.

18 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

I'd probably pick Blink-182

I'm quite fond of some of Blink 182's stuff too...

On 10/16/2020 at 7:59 AM, Wez said:

Looking at this website amongst others at the Tunnan cockpit, it can be seen that the internal structure for the Tunnan's cockpit is a curious shade of green. I think the same colour was used on the Lansen and Draken, Pavla say interior green (as in US interior green), but that shade is too yellow compared to what I can make out in the photos, this to me is at the bluer end of the spectrum, suggestions anyone?  Andreas  @Rudolf_Filip, what are you going to use for your Lansen?

Ohhh, the irony... 

That picture of the J 29F cockpit is taken at Ängelholms flygmuseum here in Sweden where I work. 

I actually painted and restored that very cockpit... 😀  

When I built my 1/48 scale Tunnan (Pilot Replicas) I used the good old Humbrol 30. 

In my Lansen I decided that most of the cockpit won't be seen anyway and sprayed whatever dark green I had close to my airbrush. I think it was the dark green from the Draken camouflage from MRP. 

Rudolf_Filip/Andreas 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Rudolf_Filip said:

Ohhh, the irony... 

That picture of the J 29F cockpit is taken at Ängelholms flygmuseum here in Sweden where I work. 

I actually painted and restored that very cockpit... 😀  

When I built my 1/48 scale Tunnan (Pilot Replicas) I used the good old Humbrol 30. 

In my Lansen I decided that most of the cockpit won't be seen anyway and sprayed whatever dark green I had close to my airbrush. I think it was the dark green from the Draken camouflage from MRP. 

Rudolf_Filip/Andreas 

Andreas,

Useful to know and Hu30 it is.  Thanks.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...