Ursula's end

M3talpig

Come on mate, please tell us you're pulling our collective legs!

The scorched paintwork is looking really effective in the last pic, more to do obviously but looking really good.

As long as you've done nothing silly, rest it for a short while and come back to it with fresh eyes and perspective!

Don't make me come down there and start routing around in your bins, that's not how I want 2021 to start....

New year fresh beginnings and all that.

Atb

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Come on mate, please tell us you're pulling our collective legs!

No Darryl i'm not ....sorry for wasting time but it was just going in entirely the wrong direction......... the paint was a complete disaster...and stripping the paint wasn't an option because of the zimmerit..otherwise i would have ...a repaint was not an option either as the biggest mistake i made was using acrylic primer...that stuff just does not stick to the plastic properly.....once i started to do the chipping (which was going very well) i started to notice something odd .....the paint was lifting in huge areas...still don't know what caused this...but it was my stupid fault i should have used a base of enamel to give the later coats of acrylic something to bite into...the result was not repairable.................. and yes i am extremely angry with myself....EXTREMELY ...... but on the positive i did learn soldering again and i have realised that i don't want to do burned out vehicles any more.

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

Hi Steve. I am absolutely gutted for you. This was one of my favourite builds in this STGB!! You have put a lot of effort into this project and I was really looking forward to seeing the final result. Sorry it's ended up in the bin. 

Hopefully we'll see you in the Pz.III STGB in February.

Kind regards,

Stix 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Steve. I am absolutely gutted for you. This was one of my favourite builds in this STGB!! You have put a lot of effort into this project and I was really looking forward to seeing the final result. Sorry it's ended up in the bin. 

Hopefully we'll see you in the Pz.III STGB in February.

Thanks Stix.... i should point out to everyone this is only my third model since returning to the hobby....so i am still learning and refreshing my skills........there was a time when buying kits was a thing of the past for me and scratchbuilding was all i did.......but i don't have the patience for complete scratch projects ...not only that but there is little to scratch these days as the model companies not only produce more variants than ever but they seldom make huge mistakes anymore and the ones they do make are easily fixable...........so i shall plod on .......as i said i am a bit peed off at myself for making such a mess of it but again it's a lesson learned.

And i am looking forward to the Pz.III build coming up

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, M3talpig said:

No Darryl i'm not ....sorry for wasting time but it was just going in entirely the wrong direction......... the paint was a complete disaster...and stripping the paint wasn't an option because of the zimmerit..otherwise i would have ...a repaint was not an option either as the biggest mistake i made was using acrylic primer...that stuff just does not stick to the plastic properly.....once i started to do the chipping (which was going very well) i started to notice something odd .....the paint was lifting in huge areas...still don't know what caused this...but it was my stupid fault i should have used a base of enamel to give the later coats of acrylic something to bite into...the result was not repairable.................. and yes i am extremely angry with myself....EXTREMELY ...... but on the positive i did learn soldering again and i have realised that i don't want to do burned out vehicles any more.

Gutted for you mate, you'd put so much effort in...stuff happens obviously but...dash it and blast! 

:toilet:happens!

However and please don't take it as flippant but got to take positives out of stuff like this, as you say lessons learned, skills sharpened and honed, techniques polished. Onwards and so on.

If you don't push the boundaries you never what can be achieved...

I actually heard some bottom say "if you don't live on the edge you're taking up too much room"...... utter :poop: but...

Get on with a Tiger and make it special!

I'd be gutted and furious too btw!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well like everyone else has already said Steve I'm gutted for you as well but I've been looking at the photos of the build before paint and they  still show some of the best modelling skills I've ever seen 🙂. Best you crack open your next project mate whatever you choose I'm looking forward to following I'm sure it will be awesome 👌. Now come on old chap grab some glue and build us something jolly spiffing 😉👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well, it's all been said, and I agree with team....but .can't say I'm not disappointed, but I understand entirely. It's one of the reasons I'm yet to really complete a project with all the dust and mud etc.......always concerned in ruining the whole thing.....no point in saying dig it out and practice on it......best thing  to say, plough on and as you said; learn from it as I have from following your build blog, which I enjoyed immensely......look forward to seeing your next project.

All the best

Simon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Longbow said:

You can’t have a puppy now !! ;)

Your such a meanie..........................i want a puppy....................... actually no i don't ................. i like my slipper poop free :D

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, M3talpig said:

Your such a meanie..........................i want a puppy....................... actually no i don't ................. i like my slipper poop free :D

That’s the Spirit !!

Calling Andy Slipper Poop is always a positive !! ;)

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Longbow said:

That’s the Spirit !!

Calling Andy Slipper Poop is always a positive !! ;)

Me again.....totally uncalled for 🙄

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Andy J said:

still show some of the best modelling skills I've ever seen 🙂

Hang on Andy....you've been watching my threads haven't you?? :hmmm:

Sorry Steve you're good and all that but..  :rofl2:

Got to find the funny,  nice to see Andy back with us..:whistle:  

• Haha 3

Sad to see this one end fella, really am as I know what you put into this build, it becomes your life and soul during its evolution but it all a big learning session, some times it works and some times you step back to move forward. 

Gutted not to see the final product but looking forward to seeing the next mate :D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...