Ursula's end

M3talpig

42 minutes ago, Longbow said:

Fantastic Steve !!

We have hardwood floors here, and I still have issues dropping and losing parts !!

All he needs, and it's a cracking multipurpose idea if I might say so myself is....

Sheet over the floor in white or black visqueen depending upon the colour of the sprues he's using. Easy to find missing parts, easy to clean up spills from the bench and from himself, just think no more special pants required that tie at the ankles to prevent leakage and if your "past" catches up or the Mrs has had enough you've thoughtfully prepared the scene ready, potentially forensically clean.....

One does like to help....

• Haha 3

51 minutes ago, Longbow said:

We have hardwood floors here, and I still have issues dropping and losing parts

Well see that's where i hope i've struck a mid point between fluffy pile which swallows everything that lands on it to hard and bouncy were everything you drop on it bounces around till you have no idea where it landed and ultimately find it six months later stuck to the bottom of your slippers. :D

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Peter Roberts said:

Seems carpet monsters have a voracious appetite, especially where modellers live!

Yes ...yes they do...especially here last night....never spat my dummy out that hard before :D

6 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

All he needs, and it's a cracking multipurpose idea if I might say so myself is....

Sheet over the floor in white or black visqueen depending upon the colour of the sprues he's using. Easy to find missing parts, easy to clean up spills from the bench and from himself, just think no more special pants required that tie at the ankles to prevent leakage and if your "past" catches up or the Mrs has had enough you've thoughtfully prepared the scene ready, potentially forensically clean.....

Funnily enough she did say if i spent any more on my hobby room she would wrap me up in that piece of carpet and put me out for the bin men ....you know mafia style :mg:

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

All he needs,  just think no more special pants required that tie at the ankles to prevent leakage a

One does like to help....

I have this image of the Billy Connolly sketch :D

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, Longbow said:

:cwl::cwl: the incontinence trousers sketch..........classic just classic

Edited by M3talpig
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Longbow said:

9 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

That's exactly the one, nice to know someone has good taste too!

7 minutes ago, M3talpig said:

:cwl::cwl: the incontinence trousers sketch..........classic just classic

So essentially we all, inc the Big I Am himself, imagine him in the "special pants "!

Just wonderful, a combination of Brad Pitt from Fury and Gru sporting "those pants" love it.....

• Haha 3

So Lee has a hardwood floor, I bet there's an area covered with a rug hiding multiple random shapes that have been removed for figure mounting purposes 🤔 

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Andy J said:

So Lee has a hardwood floor, I bet there's an area covered with a rug hiding multiple random shapes that have been removed for figure mounting purposes 🤔 

I call them drain holes, when the better half asks............................................................................

• Haha 2

So the last piece being the antenna tube has been mostly finished, i started with a piece of brass tube but to get the natural splitting of the metal i would need to thin the tube in a few places to so i could tear it...this presented a problem as the tube whilst not long was only a 4mm bore so using a dremel bit was going to be awkward at best and rather inaccurate at worst.....so i made the decision to graft into the tube a piece of 0.1mm copper sheet as this would be easy to tear in a convincing fashion.

First pic is just after soldering in the replacement copper                                                                                                                       Second pic is after the clean up

spacer.png spacer.png

Third shot is the shelf being installed ready for solder                                                                                                                             Finally the damage and part of the hanger bracket installed

spacer.pngspacer.png

Last couple of jobs will be the remains of the second hanger and the gun cleaning rods which were still in the tube and clearly visible in the photo and lastly the end caps one was still in place the other hanging of the front by a piece of chain

• Like 14

Jeez mate, there's a fine line between lunacy and genius and well.... just jeep your balance,  this is amazeballs!

Apparently there's a range of tools that make dremel look like Fisher price kiddys first drill, look up Proxxon, do all sorts of stuff, ain't cheap but supposed to be very good...

We all like shiney new tools after all.....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Test fit and some more detail added .....this has turned out to be rather a heavy piece so i soldered a couple of location pins in copper to the back of the brackets so the cyano will have a helping hand when it comes to glueing in place....there is a lot of metal on this and it's starting to get rather weighty.

All things considered though it's coming along well i thought

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 14

Clearly it is quite heavy, it appears to have fallen off even before you finished taking the photos!

Looks great mate, can't beat something having a bit of heft!

(In hindsight I'd be careful who you repeat that phrase to!)

• Haha 2

Thought you may find this interesting....

Found in a French Barn, in original paint, and kept out of direct sunlight.....

Nice difference between the interior red primer and the exterior red brown camouflage. 

The green looks like a faded olive drab, to me, but I haven't really checked yet, against my existing paints lol

spacer.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

21 minutes ago, Longbow said:

Found in a French Barn, in original paint, and kept out of direct sunlight.....

Nice difference between the interior red primer and the exterior red brown camouflage. 

The green looks like a faded olive drab, to me, but I haven't really checked yet, against my existing paints lol

Also interesting is the lift and drop brackets on the back....and i have just realised what that piece of angle iron is hanging of the back of Ursula's engine deck. :goodjob:

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Longbow said:

That dark yellow is interesting.

Have to be careful with that as it was probably the first camo colour laid down so it will be contaminated with overspray from the other two colours....the staining marks are also interesting on the back of the box

Also no zim so very early D or mid to late G ?

Edited by M3talpig
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, M3talpig said:

OI just because your mind is going down that road.............................. :D 

Remember I've been led off the straight and narrow by Bingo, Fleagle and Drooper it's not my fault 🙄

• Haha 4