Ursula's end

M3talpig

On 11/25/2020 at 1:05 PM, Andy J said:

Why not build a submarine with wing's and tracks that way everyone would be happy 🙄

No wings but there are tracked submarines, for instance the German Seeteufel (Sea Devil) which was developed as a prototype during the Second World War and the Swedes and Norwegians have reported finding unexplained trackmarks on the seabed whilst searching for foreign submarines in their territoral waters.

spacer.png

No more distractions - we're keeping the man away from his model again.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Go on where have you splashed the cash home or abroad? 

All the Fruils are from them direct...as nobody had Panther Fruils in stock and all the Etch and P&D came from Historex and the kits and "airbrush cleaner" came from superhobby

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Richard E said:

No wings but there are tracked submarines, for instance the German Seeteufel (Sea Devil) which was developed as a prototype during the Second World War and the Swedes and Norwegians have reported finding unexplained trackmarks on the seabed whilst searching for foreign submarines in their territoral waters.

You say finding track marks, recently or wartime?

Apologies, total thread drift but a fascinating subject..

2 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

You say finding track marks, recently or wartime?

Apologies, total thread drift but a fascinating subject..

Recently - readers of a certain age may remember the "Whiskey on the Rocks" submarine grounding in 1981 and some background reading for you and here as well.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, M3talpig said:

All the Fruils are from them direct...as nobody had Panther Fruils in stock and all the Etch and P&D came from Historex and the kits and "airbrush cleaner" came from superhobby

I do like superhobby, however and I'll reserve judgement till the order arrives,  Mig's site is really good and his products are much cheaper directly from him than anywhere else. (Pigments €2.88..!) Might have been a black Friday thing, I've done so much Christmas shopping today I've lost track. Seemed churlish not to put an order in for myself amidst everything else.... And I've a cover story when the packages arrive!:winkgrin:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Jasper dog said:

I do like superhobby, however and I'll reserve judgement till the order arrives,  Mig's site is really good and his products are much cheaper directly from him than anywhere else. (Pigments €2.88..!) Might have been a black Friday thing, I've done so much Christmas shopping today I've lost track. Seemed churlish not to put an order in for myself amidst everything else.... And I've a cover story when the packages arrive!:winkgrin:

Yes indeed this is a great time of the year to boost the stash 😉👍

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

And I've a cover story when the packages arrive!:winkgrin:

See Andy, no need for ludicrous multiple vacuum cleaner anecdotes here!

Up here for thinking and all that...

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

See Andy, no need for ludicrous multiple vacuum cleaner anecdotes here!

Up here for thinking and all that...

Tbh Darryl I'm contemplating a massive spending spree on kits soon infact I have 23 on the list so far 👌.  Not worried what the wife thinks I'm the boss of this Manor 😉 👍

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Andy J said:

Tbh Darryl I'm contemplating a massive spending spree on kits soon infact I have 23 on the list so far 👌.  Not worried what the wife thinks I'm the boss of this Manor 😉 👍

Of course you are mate.....

Jeez the poor fella's still running a hell of a temperature and obviously delirious 

5 minutes ago, M3talpig said:

Me thinks somebody's goin down with another mystery dose of flu..................... :cwl:

Personally with comments like that I suspect he'll be going down with painful case of castration. 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, M3talpig said:

Me thinks somebody's goin down with another mystery dose of flu..................... :cwl:

Damn right........you lot know me too well........and if she finds out I'll be going down alright.......straight underneath the patio 😬

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Andy J said:

Damn right........you lot know me too well........and if she finds out I'll be going down alright.......straight underneath the patio 😬

If she needs a hand with the patio....:whistle:

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

At least you can take comfort knowing their are people out there thinking of you!

Meh....... like i say if I want to buy a few kits I will ..........with permission of course 😉

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, M3talpig said:

Been an expensive day......... Takom Bergepanther G, with Fruils , a Meng Jagdpanther G1 with etch and Fruils, and a Takom King Tiger late with Fruils and a full Aber update set and bought a punch and die set another two bottles of airbrush cleaner and a set of more Fruils and photo etch fenders for the PzKpfw III build in February...................Thick end of £500 :sick:

Ooff !! Pretty penny there, Steve !!

7 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

I thought I'd spent a bit over the last 24hrs, but £500!!!

Great choices though, think you might be onto a hiding to nowhere with the pzr III stuff fella!:wicked:

Go on where have you splashed the cash home or abroad? 

Spent a bit in the bovington black Friday sale yesterday and put an order in with Mig Jimenez this morning. 

Bought a great looking book, in English,  Italienfeldzug. German tanks and vehicles 43-45. Half the price it is from via Amazon btw even coming from Spain.

Should have a couple of Stugs coming too, couldn't decide between Takom and DW...:whistle:

Das Werk, Darryl ! 

I’m building the Takom into the StuH 42, and the DW into a standard Stug III. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Longbow said:

Das Werk, Darryl ! 

Wasn't sure initially that was a recommendation or a command!

(Before any pedants correct me it should have been Du Werk for that but it would have lost its meaning/humour, just like when you have to explain a joke....)

Figured the DW one might have been more detailed but the takom looks a quicker build...so many options with a Stug.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Longbow said:

I’m building the Takom into the StuH 42, and the DW into a standard Stug III. 

I bought the DW kit, Masterclub tracks and metal barrel to build as a standard 75mm Stug III and I have an original Dragon kit and metal barrel to build as the StuH 42.

• Like 2

Looking more than good Steve....seem's you have more patience than I on the fenders....look real nice. I see all the same attention to detail on the turret too.....looking forward to the first coats of colour going on....are the tracks and wheels all affixed, or just to take the pics? With the hanging detail, I'm thinking on for good.

I must set up for soldering in the new year.

You've given me the urge to do something knocked out and  many tips and ideas. Great build blog to follow..:yes:

Cheers

Simon.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Longbow said:

Came for update.....

Left dejected......

"Steve !! Come Back, Steve !!.... Jack Wilson says he's Sorryyyyyy......" ;)

He'll be busy knocking something out I'm sure....

• Haha 1

On 11/28/2020 at 3:55 PM, Andy J said:

Meh....... like i say if I want to buy a few kits I will ..........with permission of course 😉

I just say they're for the boys. Works some of the time.

On 11/25/2020 at 3:11 AM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

If you do a WIP could you tag me, Im a fan of Submarines and one in this scale would be impressive to watch. 

It was going to be next. Except I pulled out and started on a 1/12 Stratos for some reason. 

• Like 1