Ursula's end

M3talpig

44 minutes ago, M3talpig said:

You ok bud ..................me and the rest of the three degrees have been wondering where you've been 

Got the flu mate not covid thank god but jeez have i been ill 🤧. Hopefully in a couple of days I'll be back at the bench but atm I'm a spectator 🙄. Thanks for the concern mate but rest assured " I'LL BE BACK " infact it's giving me time to prepare a few stories for Mary, Mungo and Midge 🙂👍

• Haha 3

On 11/23/2020 at 5:51 AM, FG2Si said:

Hmm, bigger eh? 

How's this then?

PXL_20201117_212145530-600x450.jpg

As for kippers, definitely ask for smoked ones. Much tastier. 

Am I the only under-occupied mind wondering what the large grey WIP lurking at the back of your workbench is ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Andy J said:

Got the flu mate not covid thank god but jeez have i been ill 🤧. Hopefully in a couple of days I'll be back at the bench but atm I'm a spectator

You great big fairy...................call that an excuse.................pull yourself together man ...........................................actually glad your ok mate GWS :sick:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Andy J said:

Got the flu mate not covid thank god but jeez have i been ill 🤧. Hopefully in a couple of days I'll be back at the bench but atm I'm a spectator 🙄. Thanks for the concern mate but rest assured " I'LL BE BACK " infact it's giving me time to prepare a few stories for Mary, Mungo and Midge 🙂👍

Wouldn't get too hung up on the idea of "concern" mate. Were just missing someone too...😉

Not even going to ask about MMM !

And as for

3 hours ago, M3talpig said:

me and the rest of the three degrees have been wondering where you've been 

Three degrees.....

Nah....

....something more along the lines of.....

spacer.png

Even got Andy in!

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, M3talpig said:

You great big fairy...................call that an excuse.................pull yourself together man ...........................................actually glad your ok mate GWS :sick:

Fairy........ 🤣

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Richard E said:

Am I the only under-occupied mind wondering what the large grey WIP lurking at the back of your workbench is ?

8 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

My guess is its a very large submarine of some type ? Most likely German and WW2 ? 

Yup! It's the Bronco 1/35 Type XXIII U-boat kit. Just picked it up recently and trying to decide if I want to start it next. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, FG2Si said:

Yup! It's the Bronco 1/35 Type XXIII U-boat kit. Just picked it up recently and trying to decide if I want to start it next. 

If you do a WIP could you tag me, Im a fan of Submarines and one in this scale would be impressive to watch. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Longbow said:

Is that what the Fairy Folk would do ? 

:)

4 hours ago, Andy J said:

I don't know please do tell 🤔

Lee does appear to be strangely taken by the concept of fairies....

They never used to be all about wings, wands and dust mate, just in case, you were thinking of a career change....

Suddenly an image of Lee sporting a tu-tu, wings and a wand springs to mind.....

For the love of God you can't unsee this stuff!!!!!!!!

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Lee does appear to be strangely taken by the concept of fairies....

They never used to be all about wings, wands and dust mate, just in case, you were thinking of a career change....

Suddenly an image of Lee sporting a tu-tu, wings and a wand springs to mind.....

Oi !!

Gotta make money somehow !! 

Don't be judgin’ !!

:D

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Jeezus i gotta break out the bleach again..........:doh:

• Haha 2

Work continues

No S-mine launcher on Ursula so this had to be filled                                                                                                                             Cupola had two issues, not enough texture and was missing the gap between the cupola and the turret roof

The gap was done by putting a bevel on the edge of the cupola, texture was humbrol filler, some cleanup still to be done

spacer.pngspacer.png

The mantlet on Ursula has the monocular gunsight but the binocular brow so the binocular holes had to be filled                            Then the new sight drilled........... note how i didn't just drill a hole but tried to keep the two steps of the machined hole as it was in

and cleaned up                                                                                                                                                                                         in the real mantlet

spacer.pngspacer.png

Decided i wasn't happy with the soldering on the mud flaps so stripped them and re-did them                                                          And two of the hinges for the cutouts on the main mud flaps...yes they work 

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, M3talpig said:

Work continues

No S-mine launcher on Ursula so this had to be filled                                                                                                                             Cupola had two issues, not enough texture and was missing the gap between the cupola and the turret roof

The gap was done by putting a bevel on the edge of the cupola, texture was humbrol filler, some cleanup still to be done

The mantlet on Ursula has the monocular gunsight but the binocular brow so the binocular holes had to be filled                            Then the new sight drilled........... note how i didn't just drill a hole but tried to keep the two steps of the machined hole as it was in

and cleaned up                                                                                                                                                                                         in the real mantlet

Decided i wasn't happy with the soldering on the mud flaps so stripped them and re-did them                                                          And two of the hinges for the cutouts on the main mud flaps...yes they work 

Nutter!

Think I possibly peaked to soon with the accolades...

However, I'll let you run away with this one and burn out and once I have you where i want you....

• Haha 2

Been an expensive day......... Takom Bergepanther G, with Fruils , a Meng Jagdpanther G1 with etch and Fruils, and a Takom King Tiger late with Fruils and a full Aber update set and bought a punch and die set another two bottles of airbrush cleaner and a set of more Fruils and photo etch fenders for the PzKpfw III build in February...................Thick end of £500 :sick:

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, M3talpig said:

Been an expensive day......... Takom Bergepanther G, with Fruils , a Meng Jagdpanther G1 with etch and Fruils, and a Takom King Tiger late with Fruils and a full Aber update set and bought a punch and die set another two bottles of airbrush cleaner and a set of more Fruils and photo etch fenders for the PzKpfw III build in February...................Thick end of £500 :sick:

Bloody show off...........mind you they reckon Brads got a few quid to spare 🤔

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, M3talpig said:

I thought I'd spent a bit over the last 24hrs, but £500!!!

Great choices though, think you might be onto a hiding to nowhere with the pzr III stuff fella!:wicked:

Go on where have you splashed the cash home or abroad? 

Spent a bit in the bovington black Friday sale yesterday and put an order in with Mig Jimenez this morning. 

Bought a great looking book, in English,  Italienfeldzug. German tanks and vehicles 43-45. Half the price it is from via Amazon btw even coming from Spain.

Should have a couple of Stugs coming too, couldn't decide between Takom and DW...:whistle:

• Like 2