Ursula's end

M3talpig

8 hours ago, M3talpig said:

Thanks bud.....do share your basket exploits :bleh:

Well, step 1. Make the yarn. Boy is it hard to get enough wool from a cat. Or am I doing something wrong?

PXL_20201026_201258990-600x450.jpg

I'm not sure if it's in scale or not either. 

• Haha 5

53 minutes ago, FG2Si said:

Or am I doing something wrong?

Dude seriously i think you better stick with the modelmaking......you won't ever get enough off that cat......have you tried something bigger ...............like a lion.........i hear they get fairly big. :D

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Longbow said:

I swear I’ll fly there and leave a horses head on your bench !!

Please don't ive just sorted my bench and got it nice and tidy...................... horses heads do make so much mess :D

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Longbow said:

Dude... If you don’t enter this in the first “Live” Telford show, I swear I’ll fly there and leave a horses head on your bench !! ;)

I cant agree more, the detail work you're putting into this deserves to be seen. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Longbow said:

Dude... If you don’t enter this in the first “Live” Telford show, I swear I’ll fly there and leave a horses head on your bench !! ;)

Wouldn't if I where you, by the time you've spent 14 days in quarantine with the afore  mentioned head I think it might be passed it's best....

5 hours ago, Longbow said:

Dead kipper then....

That's more like it, use your head man!

Post him the kipper, or prawn, with instructions not to open the envelope and to just sew it into the hem of the curtains,  or under the carpet beneath the radiator....

Tell him it's a free gift from a Nigerian prince looking to find a home for his vast wealth in fish products...it will bring him limitless good luck, newfound skills in soldering and the looks and charisma of a Hollywood superstar!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Wouldn't if I where you, by the time you've spent 14 days in quarantine with the afore  mentioned head I think it might be passed it's best....

That's more like it, use your head man!

Post him the kipper, or prawn, with instructions not to open the envelope and to just sew it into the hem of the curtains,  or under the carpet beneath the radiator....

Tell him it's a free gift from a Nigerian prince looking to find a home for his vast wealth in fish products...it will bring him limitless good luck, newfound skills in soldering and the looks and charisma of a Hollywood superstar!

Woody Allen ?

:D

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, FG2Si said:

How's this then?

That looks suspiciously like a floaty boaty thingy.........

7 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

newfound skills in soldering and the looks and charisma of a Hollywood superstar

Wot ya sayin ...i already have the looks of a superstar......granted it's Groot ....but i would argue he's more famous than that ugly bugger Brad Pitt

• Haha 4

Mate, would love to see a pic of the model vs the real thing. It looks just ........ yeah, still speechless.

Agree re: the chain. They add a nice bit of extra detail. Mind you, there are buckets of detail there already! Amazing.

Edited by Peter Roberts
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Peter Roberts said:

You've nailed it! Brilliant, thank you.

Not as much as i would like.................. it's my OCD again :D

Anyway i noticed something when i posted the comparison pics........the boarding ladder was too short, and two other things had bothered me since doing the ladder from the start.....one was that i had no clear photo of how the ladder was mounted so just assumed it was hooked over the tracks.....the other thing that bothered me was just how fragile it was , i knew at some point during painting that i would almost certainly break it(cyano as i didn't have the tools to solder at the time) so tonight i decided before continuing i would rectify these bugs.

The ladder is now the correct length and fully soldered and spent a few hours digging through the photos i have to try and find how they were attached....to my great excitement i found a photo of the ladder attached from above and so corrected it .

The upshot is one happy chappy

Correct length                                                                                                                                                                                          Correct spacing from the hull

spacer.pngspacer.png

Correctly mounted via the track pin and all soldered together

spacer.png

Have to say that apart from directly attaching the metal parts to the model i will never use cyano again to put photoetch together soldering while sometimes tricky is definitely the way to go....and takes all the need for over gentle handling out of the game.

• Like 14