1/72 ESCI/ERTL KAMOV HOKUM

Hi I would like to jump in with this kit the Esci/Ertl kamov Hokum. 

It's been in the stash for years and needs building. 

DSC_0935

A couple of sprue shots 

DSC_0936 DSC_0937

Actually started early yesterday and so far so good. Seems to be a straight forward build(famous last words!) and as usual from me will be built from the box. 

Cockpit built, instrument decals add a nice touch to the basic kit. 

DSC_0938 DSC_0939 DSC_0940 DSC_0942 DSC_0943

Main body halves together with the cockpit in and about 5g of weight in the nose, all trouble free with no dramas, nice and neat too with a light rub down along the seam line needed. 

Off to melt more bits of plastic together, thanks for looking. 

G

• Like 5

Thanks folks, yup the accuracy of the kit won't be keeping me awake at night!! Plus I'm just getting back into the swing of things. 

A bit more progress, just getting ready for some primer on the main body and started with the weapon pilon assembly(pics to follow) 

DSC_0952

DSC_0953

Thanks for looking, hopefully a bit more visible progress next time. 

G

• Like 4

Well it's been an interesting couple of days as I started to put some paint on the model.. 

DSC_0954

Primed in grey, then put the white on, hhmm, yup some plonka can't read the colour chart, it's meant to be brown and olive not white and olive!!!! thought it was strange colours to start with. 

OK re primed today with a coloured primer(which I should of done before) so I just had to apply the olive and a light grey on the belly. 

DSC_0958 DSC_0959

Weapon assembly are done plus a splash of paint. 

DSC_0960

Rotors and landing gear to go, both look a tad fiddly for Mr sausage fingers here, oh well there is plenty of glue!!!!! 

Hope to beat the deadline but still plenty of time to trip over!! 

Thanks for looking, 

G

• Like 3

15 hours ago, grufsnik said:

Primed in grey, then put the white on, hhmm, yup some plonka can't read the colour chart, it's meant to be brown and olive not white and olive!!!! thought it was strange colours to start with. 

OK re primed today with a coloured primer(which I should of done before) so I just had to apply the olive and a light grey on the belly. 

Aww. I liked it in its winter plumage :lol:

Well I missed the deadline but got it as finnished as its going to be. 

All the mistakes and rough edges are mine, not too bad to put together as long as you ignore the inaccuracies, oh and I think the kit only cost me £9 about 15 yrs ago which is before the grey hair. 

DSC_0973

DSC_0974 DSC_0975

Thanks for looking and letting me in at the last moment, only the second helicopter I've ever built, I think I might just try and find another, hhhmmmmm what it might be........... 

All the best, 

G

Edited by grufsnik
  • Like 4