MENG 1/35 Terminator BMPT

robw_uk

• 2 weeks later...

thanks all... must admit I am very pleased with how this is progressing... and now she has British markings (need to gloss up so I can add the "Phantom" name.... totally what if but think it has that look and suits the scheme

IMG-20210123-153158.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, APA said:

Very impressive work. All it needs now is a nice fresh coat of whitewash and you have a terminator in winter 👌😁

A

hahahah .....

no....

now if I did build another I think an all over green one would look brilliant... but dont think I will find another for half price as I did this one (score one for me on ebay)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, diablo rsv said:

Impressive work Rob. Is that pattern your own design or did you have something to follow?

Wayne

thanks Wayne - all my own madness... 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It looks fine to me Rob but I obviously don't know what you had in mind. I saw in your post on one of the Facebook groups that you were considering a strip and repaint. That would seem a little drastic considering the amount of work that you have put into it. 

One of the reasons I use oils for my washes and effects is that they are much more forgiving in that they can be altered or removed days after application, until they have been sealed in. 

Have you got a barrier coat underneath or over them?  Maybe you can still adjust them with cotton buds moistened with the appropriate thinners and a very fine sanding sponge.

Wayne

7 hours ago, diablo rsv said:

It looks fine to me Rob but I obviously don't know what you had in mind. I saw in your post on one of the Facebook groups that you were considering a strip and repaint. That would seem a little drastic considering the amount of work that you have put into it. 

One of the reasons I use oils for my washes and effects is that they are much more forgiving in that they can be altered or removed days after application, until they have been sealed in. 

Have you got a barrier coat underneath or over them?  Maybe you can still adjust them with cotton buds moistened with the appropriate thinners and a very fine sanding sponge.

Wayne

thanks all

@diablo rsv barrier underneath (gloss varnish), the wethering is enamel filter and acrylic washable sand - think that means the only part I can reactivate  is the dust - may look to add dust and sand to the tracks and wheels and a touch of dust pigment to the sides