MENG 1/35 Terminator BMPT

robw_uk

• 2 weeks later...

as the build phase draws to a close I start to look at painting. I will be pausing til the New Year to (a) finish a few other kits and (b) give up my painting space to Christmas.... I have thought of what scheme and yes, to the delight of some people, I am committed to DIGITAL.....

looking at the paints I have in I dont have the right sort of greens to do a green/green/tan/black so thought, hey its what if so how about

CAUNTER DIGITAL

Will be 4 colour (so portland stone, silver grey, slate, khaki) with the base being the portland stone. I am going to do a test piece (sandwich filler tub from ASDA) to show how it may look.....

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

wahey I'm back... christmas is all neatly packed away, airbrushes have been stripped & cleaned.. hope to get the lower hull  primed tomorrow then the wheels & running gear painted (need to do the lower part first to allow me to put side skirts on for main paint)

• Like 3

wahoo.... primer on. Next step will be portland stone on the lower hull & wheels (allowing side skirts to be glued on ahead of full digital scheme... as said, this is 100% what-if scheme

IMG-20201230-145417.jpg

IMG-20201230-145422.jpg

IMG-20201230-145428.jpg

• Like 9

first colour of digital scheme - Khaki Green no 4 (and faded with a touch of light grey)... really nice base, next up slate grey I believe - probably a few weeks for that as

a) I need to cut out all the digital masks

b) I need to get my son back to uni

IMG-20210102-131250.jpg

IMG-20210102-131228.jpg

• Like 8

changed it... switched to tamiya tape (1cm)... big parts are 5mm x 5mm and then a few smaller 2mm x 2mm... squares are bigger but think this is better (especially in terms of sticking to the kit - vinyl just wasnt adhering

IMG-20210106-140648.jpg

• Like 10

23 minutes ago, Hamden said:

Coming together well Rob looking forward to the next stage now

Stay safe             Roger

cheers Roger, will do more masking & painting tomorrow - am hoping I will get it finished on Sunday but have to tidy up the paint space then so my wife can setup for work.....

• Like 1

Silver grey now added.... all masked up for final Portland Stone and reveal tomorrow... thinking of masking white & red stripes on the front (a la Matilda) and using one of the name decals from the Tamiya kit to give it that "what if the British Army had Terminators and a war in the desert)...

IMG-20210109-143451.jpg

IMG-20210109-143507.jpg

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Longbow said:

I’m eagerly waiting the results on this one, Rob !!

I’m sure it’s going to look awesome !!

patience..... but should be tomorrow

• Haha 2

and she is uncovered.... sadly pleased with how this turned out (photos are a little browner than the actual thing) - only 1 part needs to be touched up and that is a small part where the paint lifted off the PE grill. Next up I will do the red/white markings on the side skirt (a la Matilda).

IMG-20210110-173649.jpg

IMG-20210110-173657.jpg

IMG-20210110-173706.jpg

IMG-20210110-173716.jpg

IMG-20210110-173731.jpg

• Like 9