MENG 1/35 Terminator BMPT

robw_uk

Ok, moving on to something more modern... MENG's rather well engineered 1/35 Terminator (not bad for half price). I am also switching image hosting so can you confirm you can see images

IMG-20201009-175555.jpg

and for those who saw my Type 16, this may give you a hint to the paint job (what if)

IMG-20201009-175604.jpg

• Like 8

24 minutes ago, robw_uk said:

is this a better size?

Sorry Rob just looks massively pixelated, can't make out anything at all, except the afore mentioned dinosaur and possibly half a Terrier coming in bottom right at 90° to the norm.

🧐😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Mick4350 said:

Have fun with the tracks as they account for two thirds of the entire part count of the vehicle, 980 out of 1520 odd parts.

Yep, seen Phil Flory's bud.videos, need to recap how he did the working suspension as.well...

both tracks completed - and 81 links/side seems about right. Have moved on to the upper hull and attached it to the lower... nice fit. Still not sure on the paint job this will get but so far so good

IMG-20201021-075718.jpg

IMG-20201021-075741.jpg

IMG-20201021-075727.jpg

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Hamden said:

Nice progress Rob, one of your digital schemes would look good on this IMHO

Stay safe            Roger

yep it will be digital, its the colours - thinking black/green/dark brown/light brown type scheme

• Like 1

ahead of a marathon painting session tomorrow on the Scammell (cab interior and chassis in factory finish) I had a look at possible 4 colour scheme for this... thinking black (well rubber black), nato green, dunkelgelb and german camo brown in digital... not 100% on the colours so going to get a plastic container, prine it and then use tamiya tape to make digital pattern and see how it looks in large scale....

on a side note, also practiced freehand camo (sort of RAF brown/green) and with practice was getting quite a nice feathering - may lead to more options on the german armour side!!!!)

more work on the hull... the hatches are a multi-part assembly but build up really nice. Also done the side skirts, think I need to paint the wheels/lower hull/tracks (still think there is 1 too many link as well) soon then add the side skirts before the digital scheme (on this, I have primed up a plastic tub to allow me to trial the colour scheme - think the NATO green is too dark so need to see (plan to fade each colour as I go rather than at the end when all painted)....

IMG-20201024-164509.jpg

IMG-20201024-164519.jpg

IMG-20201024-165130.jpg

IMG-20201024-165130.jpg

• Like 7