1/32 Tamiya F-16CJ

Hello everyone, I hope you all are keeping safe.

I've just completed the 1/32 Tamiya F16CJ and thought I'd share a few pictures of it, i swapped the static dischargers for the superb Master set (AM-32-084) as the kit parts looked a bit too chunky, MasterCasters Soft FOD inserts, other than that...its out of the kit box.

I'll try and get a few outdoor pictures added soon as the weather allows 🙂

8XgjVFHh.jpg

bcZzzieh.jpg

ZIlgOqqh.jpg

3QS6hoOh.jpg

YE0pfCNh.jpg

Sb0LhOEh.jpg

TdgvRwYh.jpg

8L6jpDAh.jpg

yb7t8OSh.jpg

T2WJuCMh.jpg

FMfPoUnh.jpg

tUj2Dnyh.jpg

weed7A1h.jpg

All comments welcome....stay safe folks!

• Like 53
  • Thanks 1

I have to agree with Vultures1. Odd as it may sound, what really got my attention was the engine exhaust. I don't know that I've ever seen the color and finish look as authentic as yours does. Would have liked to see more of the cockpit but what I did see suggests it's very well done.  You have something to be exceedingly proud of there.

33 minutes ago, SAT69 said:

I have to agree with Vultures1. Odd as it may sound, what really got my attention was the engine exhaust. I don't know that I've ever seen the color and finish look as authentic as yours does. Would have liked to see more of the cockpit but what I did see suggests it's very well done.  You have something to be exceedingly proud of there.

I'll try and get a few of the cockpit, i was planning on getting some more done when the weather improves for some out door shots. 

Thanks for the compliment on the Viper

6 hours ago, phildagreek said:

Wow, that is a beauty. Are the intake & exhaust covers/guards part of the kit?

No Phil, those were from MasterCasters Soft FOD inserts and a great fit without any issues, i added a lump of foam on the back to keep them upright and easy to remove

Just a couple more pictures 

QgVwG8Th.jpg

ymiOCJwh.jpg

B5Nnea7h.jpg

jm2Xg2fh.jpg

YcH4Zf7h.jpg

7ZcHvCRh.jpg

• Like 2

On 10/10/2020 at 6:51 PM, wanthony said:

Beautiful work! What kind of paints did you use? 

Thanks for your kind words, for the paint work on this I tried using MRP's range for the first time and I did have a few issues in the application. I do believe it was an issue with my application rather than the paint itself, I normally spray using Gunze paints without an issue, but with the MRP I seemed to get a variation in the colours across the aircraft.....very odd. 

18 hours ago, David Mooney said:

Thanks for your kind words, for the paint work on this I tried using MRP's range for the first time and I did have a few issues in the application. I do believe it was an issue with my application rather than the paint itself, I normally spray using Gunze paints without an issue, but with the MRP I seemed to get a variation in the colours across the aircraft.....very odd. 

Hmm that is odd. I have yet to try them, but looks like you still came out with a very nice and smooth finish from what I can tell!

• 1 month later...

David, this is a superb build. Pure artistry in terms of your build.

I did this kit in 2012-2013 and was blown away by the unequaled quality and fit of the parts along with the detail. It is easily the best quality kit I have attempted to build.

It was a joy to work on and I wish I still had it as it is long gone due to breakage with household moves. Tempted to get another one and start over.

Mine was different as I did it in a tiger scheme which is completely different to any other version I have seen.

Not up to your standard but I was happy with the result given my average modelling ability.

I tried to find my original post and did after all these many years.

I apologise but I seem to have managed to insert it and can't get rid of it.

Steve from Oz

3 hours ago, Alan P said:

Excellent model! One of those kits you can't really go wrong with but you've absolutely smashed this one. 

I must agree, it maybe one of the expensive kits out there on the market, but you're paying for quality and fit here. Considering with all the internal parts and slide engine, it gave you that most satisfying 'click' fit. Thanks for you kind works.