Eduard 1/48 P-51D Profipack double build Pt2 Ridge Runner

Part 2 of my Eduard P-51D double build was Ridge Runner which featured on the box art. I used the Brassin resin drop tanks and propeller for this one because I made a mess of the kit parts during assembly (the kit drop tanks aren't so nicely detailed either). Painted with AK Interactive Xtreme Metals and Mr Hobby and dirtied up with pigments and oil washes for a bit of fun and to contrast with BBD.

IMG_7795-L.jpg

IMG_7801-L.jpg

IMG_7805-L.jpg

IMG_7842-L.jpg

And both together

IMG_7839-L.jpg

The double build was an enjoyable project, the kit isn't a 'shake and bake' but is very satisfying to build.

Duncan B

• Like 28

Both look absolutely stunning Duncan, not yet got a 1:48 Mustang in the stash and wasn't sure whose kit to go for with so many decent offerings but I think you have just made up my mind, Mr Eduard should give you a commission 😉

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, janneman36 said:

Looking A okay Duncan and the finish looks very smooth 👍

Great builds both .

cheers, Jan

Thanks Jan

31 minutes ago, stoohoo said:

Both look absolutely stunning Duncan, not yet got a 1:48 Mustang in the stash and wasn't sure whose kit to go for with so many decent offerings but I think you have just made up my mind, Mr Eduard should give you a commission 😉

These are the only Mustangs I've ever made but I have seen plenty of the other options in the boxes. The Meng kit is very good if you can get it a decent price, don't be put off by the "easy build" description as it does build up into a very nice model. The Tamiya kits have their faults but do build up nicely apparently and they do look good when finished. The Airfix kit is right up there with these others too so is another good option. One thing for sure Mustang lovers are spoilt for choice.

Duncan B

• Like 1