Hobby Boss 1/350 Oscar II "Kursk"

I'm working on this at the moment. I didn't bother with any photos up to now as there is very little to show during the construction.

The stbd missile doors will be added in the open position once the interior has been painted. 

I decided not to try and manipulate the prop blades to make them look more realistic, that's just asking for trouble, so yes, I bottled it. 😆

p?i=dd96ad8b8f36cbfca146e68fb7e9d30d

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Roger Newsome said:

very little to show during the construction.

Boats take very little effort due to their part count. Obviously this build didn't give you any hassle otherwise I'm sure you would told us about it. Like all things Russian, they have a very purposeful look.

Stuart

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Roger Newsome said:

The sharp eyed among you will probably notice this isn't the usual submarine colour, don't worry i know what I'm doing. 😆

Roger, is this "submarine thing" so you can play in the bath?🤣

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Roger Newsome said:

I'm going to take them down the beck and see if they survive a trip over the waterfall. 😯

That's brave after all the rain we have had, they'll be near York before you know it. :unsure:

• Haha 1

That has come out great Roger I thought you were going for an Artic effect when I saw you start painting  :whistle:

Have you thought of a heavy oil wash of olive green over brass for the props

Stay Safe

beefy

29 minutes ago, beefy66 said:

That has come out great Roger I thought you were going for an Artic effect when I saw you start painting  :whistle:

Have you thought of a heavy oil wash of olive green over brass for the props

Stay Safe

beefy

Thanks very much Beefy.

For the props I'm thinking of something similar to your suggestion,  olive green washes over a pale khaki.  

• Like 1