Bloch MB 152

Prenton

My entry will be the ancient (very ancient) 1965 boxing of the Bloch 152.   I have had the kit in the stash for many years, and its decals are missing. 

So, I propose to use aftermarket decals.  Luckily, I have a couple of the Carpena decal sheets, so have a choice between a 1940 Battaille de France camo

and a Vichy 1942 camo ((the latter where you have to paint all of the red and yellow stripes yourself (gulp!))

This is the box:-

spacer.png

and the contents are very simple:-

spacer.png

More in a day or two.....

Philip

• Like 11

Philip,

Another golden oldie, catalogue number L091 from 1966!  Good to see.

Welcome to the GB and good luck.

Hi Philip

Great to have you with us, if you do go for the stripy version make sure you use good quality masking tape, I didn't on a Hawk and the result looked like a scene from Reservoir Dogs when I took the tape off !

Cheers Pat

• Haha 2

Welcome aboard Phillip and good to seed another classic Musee' edition kit on here. I know nothing about these French aircraft, however thanks to this GB am learning quite fast. 

Cheers and best of luck.. Dave 

Back in the late 1960's I bought and built a batch of French fighter kits - some Frog and some Heller I think. The one that eluded me for a while weas this Bloch, but I finally found one in a model shop in Chester in the mid 1970's and built it. Not a bad kit, though I think on another build somebody has said the wheel legs are too long!

Pete

Thanks Pete - yes, I noted that item re the wheel legs being a bit long.   

Pat - if I go for the red and yellow, I think it will have to be the thin flexible Tamiya tape..  Could be fun at this scale (!)

There doesn't seem to be a lot out there in terms of builds of this particular kit.  Lots of stuff re the RS models kit in 1/72nd, and also those by

Azur in 1/72nd and 1/32nd scales.

Despite what it says in the title (anyone know how do I edit a title??), I am not going to do this one as a strictly OOB build.  Unlike some of the later

Heller kits in the group build, which have some interior details, this one was obviously one of the earlier Heller offerings (I think 1965 or 1966 is the

kit that I have).  The fuselage interior is entirely empty, there is no floor, no IP, and the seat simply sits on the bottom wing, and is on a plinth or throne

of some sort.  Also, the wheel wells are blank, and you can see through the aircraft from the cockpit right through to the wheel wells....

So, using some information from the internet - mainly the instructions for the RS and Azur models - I have attempted to do a little bit of scratchbuilding,

using plasticard and some bits and pieces from the spares box.

The wheel wells have been detailed with strips of plasticard:-

spacer.png

And the fuselage sides have been given strip details and a few boxes and other items:-

spacer.png

The cockpit has been provided with a floor, onto which the seat (much thinned) has been placed, as well as items from the spares box (the item on the left - which

is intended to be a trim wheel - is in fact one of the wheels and wheel cover from a 1/144th scale Polikarpov 1-16....   (As I say to my wife.......never throw anything

out..... you never know when it might be of use!)

spacer.png

Next up will be some details for the instrument panel at the front of the cockpit, and then all will be given the midnight blue treatment, before some detail painting

and dry brushing.  Then, with a brown seat cushion and some seatbelts, I can close it up.

Thanks for looking,

Philip

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Prenton said:

(anyone know how do I edit a title??)

Just go to your initial post and hit the ‘edit’ function. The title bar should also come up and you can retype away. 

The little Bloch is looking great. 
Cheers.. Dave 

4 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Just go to your initial post and hit the ‘edit’ function. The title bar should also come up and you can retype away. 

The little Bloch is looking great. 
Cheers.. Dave 

Thanks Dave.  Every day is a learning day...

• Like 1

I really can't do this kit justice without a proper instrument panel.  So I have ordered the Yahu instrument panel for the kit....all the way from Poland.

There will be a slight hiatus until this arrives.....

Philip

10 hours ago, Prenton said:

I really can't do this kit justice without a proper instrument panel.  So I have ordered the Yahu instrument panel for the kit....all the way from Poland.

There will be a slight hiatus until this arrives.....

Philip

Fair enough Philip. Not something I would contemplate on a small 1/72 cockpit, however we are all different modellers and I’m sure it’ll look so much better for it. Are ther any other Heller kits you could smash out whilst waiting for the Posite? 

Cheers.. Dave 

On 13/10/2020 at 08:27, Rabbit Leader said:

Fair enough Philip. Not something I would contemplate on a small 1/72 cockpit, however we are all different modellers and I’m sure it’ll look so much better for it. Are ther any other Heller kits you could smash out whilst waiting for the Posite? 

Cheers.. Dave 

Hey Dave  - that's a good idea.  I've had a look in the Excel stash list, and have discovered a Smer Me 262B-1a/U1  (kit number 884).  Scalemates seems to indicate that it is a re-pop of Heller kit L086.  Would that be acceptable as a second entry??  If so, I will travel up to the attic and find it....

Philip

• Like 3

Good call Phillip. Personally I don’t know that kit although am pretty sure it ticks  all the right boxes. We don’t have a 262 currently being built, so that’s another big tick from me. 

Cheers and thanks.. Dave

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Good call Phillip. Personally I don’t know that kit although am pretty sure it ticks  all the right boxes. We don’t have a 262 currently being built, so that’s another big tick from me. 

Cheers and thanks.. Dave

46 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

I'm sure the 262 qualities, I've seen one in a part fossilised box somewhere so I'm sure it's old enough. 

That's one old fossil recognising another one obviously  :clif:

Cheers Pat 

Thanks lads.  I will organise an expedition to the attic!  Hopefully, I can find it in the jungle.......

27 minutes ago, BS_w said:

remember sand all control surface which seems fabric covered, they were metal covered

Very helpful tip - thanks muchly!  

Philip

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...
On 25/01/2021 at 11:47, Heather Kay said:

Hey Philip! Did you get the parts you were expecting for the Bloch? There are still a couple of weeks left in the group build to complete! 

Hi Heather

I haven't been at the bench since just before Christmas, as my bench is, in fact, the dining room table......  All of the models had to go up to the attic to clear it for Christmas.  I did get the part, after almost 2 months wait, but it is probably unlikely that I will finish the Bloch, as I hope to concentrate on the Me 262.  There are others in the group build who have finished a Bloch 152, but no-one, AFAIK, has done the two seater 262.  I hope to regain the table this coming weekend. and will concentrate on that.

Thanks,

Philip

• Like 3

• 6 months later...

Hello, after lurking in these forums for a while, I decided to post and hope that you will be continuing this kit. I had built a good few kits as a kid and a teenager but decided, like a lot of people, to get back into model building during the various lockdowns. I had moved from brushes and tubes of glue to airbrushing and washes but I have never done any free hand panel scribing, riveting or scratch building. I felt I got a bit tricked when I picked up the Mister Craft Hobby Kit version of this plane. I had no idea it was going to such an old and poorly reproduced kit (I wrongly associated it with the Mr. Hobby brand🙄 ). Anyway, to make lemonade out of lemons, I am scribing panel lines, riveting and as you have said putting in a cockpit floor, flight controls and a backwall. I hope it is going well. Barry

• 7 months later...