Reference for Canadair Argus

belcherbits

I note that a few people have asked for references for the Argus. There is a very good hard cover book called 'The Canadair Argus', published by Bryler Publications in 2012. Hard to find these days, I have just spoken to the author, Cary Baker and he still has lots of stock. They are available through his shop (http://www.istcshop.ca/ ... look in the publications area) at a price of $Can 59.99 plus postage (which may vary depending on where you are). This is an excellent reference with lots of photos and markings information. I used this as a reference in the production of my decal sheet for the Argus (http://www.belcherbits.com/lines/decals/bd34.htm). 

And as for those Aircraft in Miniature Argus kits, Hannants still has some, but don't wait too long ... I suspect they will sell out.

• Like 1

A few places to look are; 

International Air Power Review  00003  article

Aerophile  02 03  article  CFB Greenwood

Aviation News  09 13  article  phase out

Flying Review  195910  article

Flying Review  196005  article  3d

Air Pictorial  197403  article  3d

Wingspan  198509  photo roll out

and all the finish and markings schemes are in ......

Royal Canadian Air Force, Aircraft Finish and Markings 1947 – 1968, Martin Slides 2003

Canadian Military Aircraft, Finish and Markings 1968 – 2004, Martin Slides 2004

Royal Canadian Air Force, Aircraft Finish and Markings 1947 – 1968 Volume 2, Martin Slides 2008

PM

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Patrick Martin said:

A few places to look are; 

International Air Power Review  00003  article

Aerophile  02 03  article  CFB Greenwood

Aviation News  09 13  article  phase out

Flying Review  195910  article

Flying Review  196005  article  3d

Air Pictorial  197403  article  3d

Wingspan  198509  photo roll out

and all the finish and markings schemes are in ......

Royal Canadian Air Force, Aircraft Finish and Markings 1947 – 1968, Martin Slides 2003

Canadian Military Aircraft, Finish and Markings 1968 – 2004, Martin Slides 2004

Royal Canadian Air Force, Aircraft Finish and Markings 1947 – 1968 Volume 2, Martin Slides 2008

PM

Oh yes, not wanting to forget about Patrick Martin's books on markings, which are the bibles as far as I am concerned. Couldn't have made the decals without them.

Mike B

More on the Argus book. Spoke to the author, Cary Baker about where to order. He replied

"For some reason the web site tabs don't scroll down far enough to show the publication tab. You have to go into Tactical Equipment. Then you'll see another scroll down menu for everything in that section to include publications. The Argus book is the last item listed on page 5. Here is the link if you want to pass it around: 

https://www.istcshop.ca/product-category/tactical-equipment/publications/page/5/

Unfortunately the online shop only accepts orders within Canada. If you know anyone outside of Canada that wants a copy then they would have to contact me directly at [email protected] and order one by email and pay with credit card over the phone."

So there you have it. I followed that link, and it works,

Mike

I just received my copy of ''The Canadair Argus'' and it truly is a great book, loaded with photo's, schemes. and stories.

Many thanks to Mike Belcher for providing the links for purchasing this book, and to the authors, Major Cary Baker and Major Bert  Campbell (both retired) for writing this book.

it is an excellent book, wish I had it when I built my Argus. Got two more Gene Hooker ones to do. I was lucky and got mine from a bookstore in Charlottetown on vacation in 2012 and free shipping in my suitcase. Still something like $60ish.