Armoured Cars and Halftracks GB Chat

• 2 weeks later...

I'll have crack, being new to all this assuming it gets through the vote etc I guess this will happen 2022?

My only caveat being anything happening between May and Sept can be a bit hit and miss for me as work tends to get in the way. Won't stop me from having a go but might may not get finished!

Thanks

Darryl 

• Like 1

• Robert Stuart changed the title to Armoured Cars and Halftracks GB at 28
3 hours ago, Robert Stuart said:

@JackG, @Jasper dog
You are both welcome.

Darryl, no promises, but I'll try to keep your summer season in mind ...

... we still have to qualify for the bun fight (need two more supporters)

Thanks Robert,  don't worry about arranging it specifically just a case of not wanting to disappoint if I can't get finished. As you say, still needs to qualify and get through the bun fight and not having wings it could be difficult...😉

See if we cant raise a little more interest.... @Andy J @M3talpig @Longbow @Redcoat2966

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Thanks Robert,  don't worry about arranging it specifically just a case of not wanting to disappoint if I can't get finished. As you say, still needs to qualify and get through the bun fight and not having wings it could be difficult...😉

See if we cant raise a little more interest.... @Andy J @M3talpig @Longbow @Redcoat2966

What are you roping me into now........does this mean spending more money....i knew it .........bloomin troublemaker............................................yeah go on then sign me up boss :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Robert Stuart changed the title to Armoured Cars and Halftracks GB at 29
39 minutes ago, Robert Stuart said:

Welcome to the build @M3talpig - you know you'll enjoy it.

Don't tell anybody this, but ... if you build an armoured car, you won't have to worry about paying for AM tracks. 🤫

Yeah but some nice resin after market wheels can go in the basket instead!

7 hours ago, M3talpig said:

What are you roping me into now........does this mean spending more money....i knew it .........bloomin troublemaker............................................yeah go on then sign me up boss :D

Moi??

I've a nice Dragon sdkfz 234 that could fit the bill... or how about a Sd.Kfz. 7/1 2cm Flakvierling....

Great to have you along bud now let's gets some arm twisting done...

• Haha 2

• Robert Stuart changed the title to Armoured Cars and Halftracks GB at 30

I'm game, please sign me up. Building a halftrack in 2022 will do me good 🙂 

Aw come on @Andy J, you know you want to 😉 

Why sign up already? Well, Group Build proposals need to reach a certain number of participants before they can join in the annual voting process aka The Bun Fight. This one is already at 30+, but we may need more for 2022. So please, sign on the dotted line and join the fun in the GB area 😉 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, JeroenS said:

I'm game, please sign me up. Building a halftrack in 2022 will do me good 🙂 

Aw come on @Andy J, you know you want to 😉 

Why sign up already? Well, Group Build proposals need to reach a certain number of participants before they can join in the annual voting process aka The Bun Fight. This one is already at 30+, but we may need more for 2022. So please, sign on the dotted line and join the fun in the GB area 😉 

Fine no problem, where do I sign?

• Like 3

OK, add my name to the list. I might as well fail to finish yet another GB, although, seeing as what I have in mind is an IDF vehicle, I probably will finish. It's an Improvised Armoured Car, (based on an M3 Scout Car). Anyway, I'm in.

John.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, desert falcon said:

Would modern stuff like the Revell 1/35 TPz 1 Fuchs A4 or Dingo 2 GE A2.3 PatSi qualify?

Can't see why not, their roles are a bit broader (but not, IMO, so very different) than a British WWII Dingo ... and that I would include.
Welcome to the build

Could you put my name down please Robert?

I've got a number of  British armoured cars lined up for future builds. I doubt I will get them all finished before the groupbuild  starts.

Wayne

• Like 1

• Robert Stuart changed the title to 2022 - Armoured Cars and Halftracks GB at 35
1 hour ago, Andy J said:

So when do we find out the start date as I have research to do 🤔

Here's the deal Andy: in November 2021 we'll be voting for proposed Group Builds for a spot in 2022 (there are currently 9 spots available). After the voting (this will take a couple of weeks), the GB hosts can call their desired start date. So if this one makes the cut, you'll know when it starts in about a year. However: the actual starting date for this Group Build could be something like September 2022 🙂 

In any case you'll have enough time to do research!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JeroenS said:

Here's the deal Andy: in November 2021 we'll be voting for proposed Group Builds for a spot in 2022 (there are currently 9 spots available). After the voting (this will take a couple of weeks), the GB hosts can call their desired start date. So if this one makes the cut, you'll know when it starts in about a year. However: the actual starting date for this Group Build could be something like September 2022 🙂 

In any case you'll have enough time to do research!

I've never done any research in my life mate 😁. Thanks for the information Jeroen.....oh and Santa's present is a step closer 😉👍

• Like 2