DAK (or German) vehicle accessories

Watto64

I'm starting to build my first diorama  using the Sd.Kfz 222 and Horch 4x4 Type 1a (both using the 1/35 scale Tamiya kits) and want to add the paraphernalia that would be carried around (packs, rucksacks etc) on the outside of the vehicle.  I have oil drums, jerrycans etc in the Tamiya Sd.kfz 222 kit I'm about to start building, so I'm ok for these 'accessories'.

Can anyone recommend a kit that is available for these? (similar to the Tamiya 35229 Allied Vehicle Accessory set).  I've trawled through various online shops but cannot find anything plus used Scalemates.com as a resource as well.

Thanks in advance!!

Might have to consider getting one of dedicated accessory sets for the specific vehicle.   There are several listed for the 222, the Horch seems to have just the one though, going by Scalemates.

regards,

Jack

You're probably going to have to get yourself some two-part putty, and sculpt your own packs and such. DAK vehicles tended to be absolutely loaded down with items, and you'll spend a small fortune in resin assessor sets for German packs. 

Baking a few packs, and boxes, as well as bed rolls and such can be a lot fun, and interesting research....

All the best.

Lee. 

Edited by Longbow
Spelling mistakes

As I've only returned to modelling after a gap of 30+ years so am trying to learn a lot!!!

Thanks for the updates - I've done some further research thanks to the pointers given.  I'm finding that the cost of these extras actually outweighs the actual base model kit themselves!!!   

I may have to wait until I've built a few more models and have a 'spares' kit to draw upon!

Edited by Watto64
Wrong font

Just get a couple of sets of Jerry Cans, and a pack of two part putty to make packs, bud rolls, etc, and you'll be fine. Boxes can be made from plastic card, and tarps from grease proof paper and gloss varnish. 

It's all part of the fun. 

• Like 1

On suggestions I've gleaned from this forum, I've invested in some 2 part epoxy putty and going to attempt to make some packs etc.  I've also tried making tarpaulins from double tissue, using diluted PVA glue (just made 2 and waiting for them to dry!!).

As Longbow posted above, its all part of the fun!!  

• 2 weeks later...