Revell/Hasegawa 1:48 Chance-Vough AU-1 (F4U-6)

Hasegawa moulded, Revell boxed F4U-7 finished as AU-1 or F4u-6 with eduard colored belts and printscale decals. Such a pitty that I forgot to fill pin marks over HVAR rockets. I wont do the same mistake on mu F4U-5 hopefully.

I liked how it turned out. I hope you enjoy it. Any commend is wellcomed.

jBsGjYu.jpg

NfmHXEo.jpg

nf951xy.jpg

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 28ZComeback said:

Absolutely perfect. One of the best Korean Corsairs ever. Perfect blend of weathering and semi-gloss. Is there a link to the build?? Which paints?? The GSB is spot-on. 

Thanks for your kind words.

Here the link is:

I used Mr.color sea gloss  all over and as primer on wing roots Tamiya XF-4 yellow green.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Super. I love the Corsair. I'm currently building the Hasegawa F4U-5N version. But it's stalled thanks to a pending house move. It's a  great kit and. I'd love to do justice to it like you have.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 28ZComeback said:

Nope.It was;

https://www.amazon.com/Gunze-Mr-Hobby-Lacquer-FS15042/dp/B07GWTDNT4

13 hours ago, noelh said:

Super. I love the Corsair. I'm currently building the Hasegawa F4U-5N version. But it's stalled thanks to a pending house move. It's a  great kit and. I'd love to do justice to it like you have.

I bet you will do way better. :)

• Thanks 1

Really like the effect you achieved in showing the worn paint were the crew would be walking.  Did you first paint the green and then gently sand down the gloss sea blue or use a different method?  Very realistic!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2020 at 12:47 AM, Matthew1974 said:

Really like the effect you achieved in showing the worn paint were the crew would be walking.  Did you first paint the green and then gently sand down the gloss sea blue or use a different method?  Very realistic!

Yes that is how I did :) Thanks a lot.