Falklands Dogfight Double - Airfix 1/72

CedB

Wonderful finish Mr B. 🧐 I love them both but for me the Shar pips it to the post. I’m getting the urge for that Harrier now. 😊 lovely stuff. Great new tech too. I’m still in the dark ages with my iPhone 7. As for scanning we do a bit of that kind on thing for work. You need to take hundreds of pics and accurate arcs make the scan better. Obviously things like the underside of the aeroplane will need doing separately if grounded and then pieced together. It’s really great tech though. 🤓

You need a lot of ref shots and I can’t see you printing anything from that scanned data yet a while. Although there are programs that will re-topologise your raw data and get it into better shape for Printing.

I’ll jog on over to the RFI. 🥸

Johnny

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 24/11/2020 at 17:37, Modelholic said:

2 phones - an ipad

What a technophile!

know! Not quite the 'early adopter' nowadays but I do like my gadgets :) 

On 24/11/2020 at 21:47, hendie said:

All graphic software these days (even MS Word) comes with a flip function

On 24/11/2020 at 22:23, keefr22 said:

Thanks hendie, trouble is I don't even have MS Word.... :) 

Keith

I think Keith wants to flip a 3D model and have it printed?

Sorry, I have no idea… :) 

2 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

Wonderful finish Mr B. 🧐 I love them both but for me the Shar pips it to the post. I’m getting the urge for that Harrier now. 😊 lovely stuff. Great new tech too. I’m still in the dark ages with my iPhone 7. As for scanning we do a bit of that kind on thing for work. You need to take hundreds of pics and accurate arcs make the scan better. Obviously things like the underside of the aeroplane will need doing separately if grounded and then pieced together. It’s really great tech though. 🤓

You need a lot of ref shots and I can’t see you printing anything from that scanned data yet a while. Although there are programs that will re-topologise your raw data and get it into better shape for Printing.

I’ll jog on over to the RFI. 🥸

Johnny

Thanks Johnny :) 

I agree the technology is still 'developing' - one day, perhaps, one day…