Monogram 1/48 Delta Dart

Another refugee from the shelf of doom. I actually started this kit in 1987! I never give up! It does require a bit of sand and fill and has raised panel lines, but the shape is spot on. I found one photo of an aircraft with the yellow/black pitot tube, so ran with it. There was quite a bit of variation on how the pitot tubes were painted anyway. The aircraft were also kept pristine, so no weathering. No masterpiece, but I love the look of it.  

899585D7-5CCA-4DD2-97F8-730F0073E864

47E7217E-F7BF-4417-A42A-BC698D96D1C3

A776FF30-AF72-4246-A192-1C5B6803D4B4

• Like 45

This aircraft holds a special place in my heart, one of the first I built as a "serious" model builder......at 13!😄 boy did I have a lot to learn. But it's clear you don't, excellent work!

• Like 1

Hello Robin,

Monogram, always a pleasure to see on this website.

The replica looks great. It was worth all the work.

Regards, Orion / The Netherlands.

2 hours ago, Booty003 said:

1987....!!!!  Great to see it finished.  I love the shape of the US Delta's, fantastic looking aircraft.

I can date it accurately because I remember working on it in an apartment I only lived in briefly. I think one or two on the shelf of doom might be older, but I can’t be sure. I finally put the half built ones in a display case. Forces me to look at them! I am actually disciplined lately. I can only build one Wingnut Wings kit at a time, plus for every two off the evil shelf I can start another one.

• Like 2

I'm the same bud, currently have 6 half built kits on the shelf looking at me with sad puppy dog eyes and another 5 on the workbench....!!!

I keep telling myself not to start something without tackling one of the shelf sitters first.... 😀

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Booty003 said:

I'm the same bud, currently have 6 half built kits on the shelf looking at me with sad puppy dog eyes and another 5 on the workbench....!!!

I keep telling myself not to start something without tackling one of the shelf sitters first.... 😀

6? A number that low would be a dream!

• Haha 2