An exercise in rusting...

johndon

The vast majority of my modelling over the last couple of years has been railway related with the building of what will, eventually, be a 42' * 16' layout depicting part of the line that ran from Tyne Dock to Consett Steelworks.  Build to P4 gauge, all the track is hand built and here's a shot of the initial 18' * 3' section:

IMG_2204.jpeg

Progress has been quite good but the latest lockdown in the North East has not only seen me dig out a space shuttle kit but I've also been working on some rolling stock and here are some photos of the latest 4 wagons that I've finished, weathered with a mix of oil paints and pigments.

IMG_2316.jpeg

IMG_2317.jpeg

IMG_2318.jpeg

John

Edited by johndon
  • Like 20

2 hours ago, Mancunian airman said:

John

Is that a club layout room ? surely not your spare room ??

It's a club room that we are very lucky to have, total size is about 160' * 30'.

John

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I've been working on the weathering of some KR Models Consett Iron Ore wagons for the layout.  As this particular rake will be empty, the interior of the wagon needs to be weathered.  Colour photos of the interior of these wagons are as rare as rocking horse poop (I've got around 3,000 photos of the Tyne Dock to Consett line but one 1 that shows the inside of the wagons) but that 1 photos is being used as a reference as the weathering pattern on the wagons was rather distinctive.  The weathering has been done with Vallejo pigments.

spacer.png

spacer.png

John

• Like 6