spacer.png

Here is my second Airfix 1/48th scale kit of the Spitfire Vb. I finished this one in colorful desert camouflage using transfers by LifeLike Decals, obtained from Hannants. It has the dust filter under the nose, supplied with the kit (must have made it prone to yawing around, I speculate) and the canopy open. (The kit also comes with several open and closed canopies.)

Like all my models, I built it in a hurry, so it is not of the standard of some on this forum. However, I feel it represents a good result without too much effort.

More photos and build notes on the following page of my web site:
(Link deleted to comply with forum rules.)

Edited by Lootenant Aloominum
Deleted link to my web page to comply with forum rules.
  • Like 22

I love this, it’s a work of art Lootenant. You’ve completely nailed the atmosphere and the tatty desert underside, hats off to you! Don’t know if you’ve seen Etienne du Plessis’ slide collection on Flickr (it’s gorgeous) but this wouldn’t look out of place there at all 

nice one!

Matt 

https://flickr.com/photos/8270787@N07/sets/72157605269786717

Thanks guys. Interesting that the backdrop is perceived as a map. It is a plywood board spattered with paint from when I used to do paintings (pictures) in the late 1970s and early 80s. The 'roads' are where the edges of the art paper lay when I did the backdrop washes.

Etienne du Plessis’ slide collection on Flickr is new to me. That is a fantastic resource. We have been so short of info about exact colors, in some areas anyway, that collection should go a long way to improving our feel for what the reality looked like. I assume he has restored the colors somehow. (I notice he has 3,222 photos in his Flickr albums, so I won't be short of something to look through today!)

Edited by Lootenant Aloominum
Removed photo and more info previously added, to comply with forum policy on links to web site.