Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I finally completed this beast, and I have to say that I am glad that I did.  It was the most challenging model to date, due to all the known issues.  The nose being the most frustrating, from building up the the nose area that the visor fits into to reshaping the area around the cockpit.

None of this would have been possible without the help that I received from the WIP that I posted up.  But I need to say a special thanks to @Planebuilder62, he offered to help with direct messaging throughout the whole process, the patience that was given was superb, and this probably wouldn't have been completed without his one to one assistance.

 

This was given to a dear friend who loves it, I may in the future build this again, but with nose and under carriage up, Using again all the help previously provided.

 

50305118191_a2986640df_b.jpg

50304414668_2637fde44a_b.jpg

50304411918_7eff2f1454_b.jpg

50305117756_02c5213a90_b.jpg

50305100276_7ef5b12892_b.jpg

50305094191_c4c806877f_b.jpg

 

And finally in it's new home.

 

50432325411_ecf8c56734_b.jpg

50432325351_cc6fa9beeb_b.jpg

 

  • Like 56
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done Andy. That is a build to be proud of.

 

I am very pleased it turned out so well and I really enjoyed helping out with advice. Thankyou for the recognition of the help.

 

Once again, well done.

 

Regards Toby

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

In spite of the troubles, you've created a masterpiece. Congratulations. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Fabulous build of a beautiful aircraft.

 

My Airfix version has stalled, I need a mojo transplant. It will be wheels up.

 

Pete

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Very impressive! :clap2:

I like the gear-down look; it gives a sense of realism and detail (albeit without the sheer grace & beauty of the in-flight plane).

So inspiring, I am starting to wonder about an online browse to seek one out for my collection.

BTW, is this the same mouldings as the Airfix kit?

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks everyone for the kind words.  I've picked up the Topulev tu-144 in 1/144 scale, so will be starting that soon. Plus I've ordered the protype concorde as well. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Outstanding effort and skillful determination has resulted in a work of art that will be cherished forever.  Congratulations on the beautiful Concorde!!!!! :clap2:

 

Mike

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/10/2020 at 03:02, kapam said:

Very impressive! :clap2:

I like the gear-down look; it gives a sense of realism and detail (albeit without the sheer grace & beauty of the in-flight plane).

So inspiring, I am starting to wonder about an online browse to seek one out for my collection.

BTW, is this the same mouldings as the Airfix kit?

Many thanks, I believe this is the same moulding as the Airfix kit. 

If you can find one I would have a go. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Stunning job my friend! What a beauty she is too, wish I had been born at the right time to have actually seen her in flight and actually remember it! Is that kit worth the time and effort? I've heard that it has a fair few fit issues....

Link to post
Share on other sites

WOW what a beauty, an absolute stunner

 

Looked a few months ago at possibly getting one as something totally different to my normal WW2 military aircraft and armour but the enthusiasm faded away.  Seeing this though has fired me up again........I want one

 

What a brilliant build and really inspiring....straight off to look at the WIP

 

Well done indeed

 

Si

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2020 at 4:51 PM, Andy350 said:

I finally completed this beast, and I have to say that I am glad that I did.  It was the most challenging model to date, due to all the known issues.  The nose being the most frustrating, from building up the the nose area that the visor fits into to reshaping the area around the cockpit.

None of this would have been possible without the help that I received from the WIP that I posted up.  But I need to say a special thanks to @Planebuilder62, he offered to help with direct messaging throughout the whole process, the patience that was given was superb, and this probably wouldn't have been completed without his one to one assistance.

 

This was given to a dear friend who loves it, I may in the future build this again, but with nose and under carriage up, Using again all the help previously provided.

 

50305118191_a2986640df_b.jpg

50304414668_2637fde44a_b.jpg

50304411918_7eff2f1454_b.jpg

50305117756_02c5213a90_b.jpg

50305100276_7ef5b12892_b.jpg

50305094191_c4c806877f_b.jpg

 

And finally in it's new home.

 

50432325411_ecf8c56734_b.jpg

50432325351_cc6fa9beeb_b.jpg

 

 

Hi

 

I love this build so much, as I said on a previous post that I wanted one. I bit the bullet and spent quite some time looking for one.  Found one on eBay and snapped it up.

 

It turned up today for me to realise Im much older than I thought and perhaps I should book an eye test before its due date......its a 1/144.  I saw so many I must have got confused.

 

Needless to say Im going to crack on with it until I find a suitable 1/72, bit of practice shall we say.  I will pay more attention this time.

 

Once again a magnificent build, absolutely awesome and thank you for the inspiration.

 

Si

 

 

 

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/10/2020 at 21:19, Simon Dyer said:

 

Hi

 

I love this build so much, as I said on a previous post that I wanted one. I bit the bullet and spent quite some time looking for one.  Found one on eBay and snapped it up.

 

It turned up today for me to realise Im much older than I thought and perhaps I should book an eye test before its due date......its a 1/144.  I saw so many I must have got confused.

 

Needless to say Im going to crack on with it until I find a suitable 1/72, bit of practice shall we say.  I will pay more attention this time.

 

Once again a magnificent build, absolutely awesome and thank you for the inspiration.

 

Si

 

 

 

 

Many thanks Simon. I also built the 144, two different builds.  The 144 goes together really well. 

I am also looking for another 1/72 concorde which I will build with wheels and nose up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Andy350 said:

Many thanks Simon. I also built the 144, two different builds.  The 144 goes together really well. 

I am also looking for another 1/72 concorde which I will build with wheels and nose up. 

I have to say that 1/144 never really did it with me, especially civil aircraft but building this has made me rethink. I really now want to do the other two greats, the 747 and the Comet. I will be keeping my eyes open for a 1/72 Concorde but this time will look more closely. 

 

Thank you for opening my eyes, your build is inspirational and definitely something to aim for 👌👍

 

Si

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

A glorious looking build.. 

I have the Airfix on in my stash, SHMBO and I flew LHR T4 to JFK on 7 April 1997, our 20th wedding anniversary, Free on BA Miles!! 

We sat in the front seats, RHS. 

An unforgettable experience. 

G-BOAC is at Manchester and I'll be finishing the Airfix kit her as we flew her. 

One Day....  

Don't hold your breath. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, 224 Peter said:

A glorious looking build.. 

I have the Airfix on in my stash, SHMBO and I flew LHR T4 to JFK on 7 April 1997, our 20th wedding anniversary, Free on BA Miles!! 

We sat in the front seats, RHS. 

An unforgettable experience. 

G-BOAC is at Manchester and I'll be finishing the Airfix kit her as we flew her. 

One Day....  

Don't hold your breath. 

Hi Peter

 

How I would have loved to flown in one, sadly not.  I used to know one of the foreman working on the prototypes when I was at BAe, some of the stories flitting backward and forward from Filton to Toulouse, very interesting. 

 

My 1/144 is going to be G-BOAC.  Im going to try my best to get to the standard of Andy's..............wish me luck..........I think Im going to need it 😱😂

 

Si

Link to post
Share on other sites

Superb build of a great aircraft.

 

I have two memorable associations with this aircraft. First as a 16 year old Air Cadet spending a weeks summer camp at Fairford in 1970 (The RAF C-130 wing was based there) where the UK prototype Concorde was test flying. We saw it fly several times that week and also got to go inside. Then 30 years later, I got to fly in G-BOAD from London to New York on a business trip. That was the best flying experience of my life (so far!)

 

Thanks for sharing.

 

Terry

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...