Revell 1/72 Concorde

I finally completed this beast, and I have to say that I am glad that I did.  It was the most challenging model to date, due to all the known issues.  The nose being the most frustrating, from building up the the nose area that the visor fits into to reshaping the area around the cockpit.

None of this would have been possible without the help that I received from the WIP that I posted up.  But I need to say a special thanks to @Planebuilder62, he offered to help with direct messaging throughout the whole process, the patience that was given was superb, and this probably wouldn't have been completed without his one to one assistance.

This was given to a dear friend who loves it, I may in the future build this again, but with nose and under carriage up, Using again all the help previously provided.

50305118191_a2986640df_b.jpg

50304414668_2637fde44a_b.jpg

50304411918_7eff2f1454_b.jpg

50305117756_02c5213a90_b.jpg

50305100276_7ef5b12892_b.jpg

50305094191_c4c806877f_b.jpg

And finally in it's new home.

50432325411_ecf8c56734_b.jpg

50432325351_cc6fa9beeb_b.jpg

• Like 56
  • Thanks 1

Very impressive! :clap2:

I like the gear-down look; it gives a sense of realism and detail (albeit without the sheer grace & beauty of the in-flight plane).

So inspiring, I am starting to wonder about an online browse to seek one out for my collection.

BTW, is this the same mouldings as the Airfix kit?

• Thanks 1

Outstanding effort and skillful determination has resulted in a work of art that will be cherished forever.  Congratulations on the beautiful Concorde!!!!! :clap2:

Mike

• Thanks 1

On 08/10/2020 at 03:02, kapam said:

Very impressive! :clap2:

I like the gear-down look; it gives a sense of realism and detail (albeit without the sheer grace & beauty of the in-flight plane).

So inspiring, I am starting to wonder about an online browse to seek one out for my collection.

BTW, is this the same mouldings as the Airfix kit?

Many thanks, I believe this is the same moulding as the Airfix kit. 

If you can find one I would have a go. 

Stunning job my friend! What a beauty she is too, wish I had been born at the right time to have actually seen her in flight and actually remember it! Is that kit worth the time and effort? I've heard that it has a fair few fit issues....

WOW what a beauty, an absolute stunner

Looked a few months ago at possibly getting one as something totally different to my normal WW2 military aircraft and armour but the enthusiasm faded away.  Seeing this though has fired me up again........I want one

What a brilliant build and really inspiring....straight off to look at the WIP

Well done indeed

Si

On 10/7/2020 at 4:51 PM, Andy350 said:

I finally completed this beast, and I have to say that I am glad that I did.  It was the most challenging model to date, due to all the known issues.  The nose being the most frustrating, from building up the the nose area that the visor fits into to reshaping the area around the cockpit.

None of this would have been possible without the help that I received from the WIP that I posted up.  But I need to say a special thanks to @Planebuilder62, he offered to help with direct messaging throughout the whole process, the patience that was given was superb, and this probably wouldn't have been completed without his one to one assistance.

This was given to a dear friend who loves it, I may in the future build this again, but with nose and under carriage up, Using again all the help previously provided.

50305118191_a2986640df_b.jpg

50304414668_2637fde44a_b.jpg

50304411918_7eff2f1454_b.jpg

50305117756_02c5213a90_b.jpg

50305100276_7ef5b12892_b.jpg

50305094191_c4c806877f_b.jpg

And finally in it's new home.

50432325411_ecf8c56734_b.jpg

50432325351_cc6fa9beeb_b.jpg

Hi

I love this build so much, as I said on a previous post that I wanted one. I bit the bullet and spent quite some time looking for one.  Found one on eBay and snapped it up.

It turned up today for me to realise Im much older than I thought and perhaps I should book an eye test before its due date......its a 1/144.  I saw so many I must have got confused.

Needless to say Im going to crack on with it until I find a suitable 1/72, bit of practice shall we say.  I will pay more attention this time.

Once again a magnificent build, absolutely awesome and thank you for the inspiration.

Si

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 24/10/2020 at 21:19, Simon Dyer said:

Hi

I love this build so much, as I said on a previous post that I wanted one. I bit the bullet and spent quite some time looking for one.  Found one on eBay and snapped it up.

It turned up today for me to realise Im much older than I thought and perhaps I should book an eye test before its due date......its a 1/144.  I saw so many I must have got confused.

Needless to say Im going to crack on with it until I find a suitable 1/72, bit of practice shall we say.  I will pay more attention this time.

Once again a magnificent build, absolutely awesome and thank you for the inspiration.

Si

Many thanks Simon. I also built the 144, two different builds.  The 144 goes together really well. 

I am also looking for another 1/72 concorde which I will build with wheels and nose up. 

26 minutes ago, Andy350 said:

Many thanks Simon. I also built the 144, two different builds.  The 144 goes together really well. 

I am also looking for another 1/72 concorde which I will build with wheels and nose up. 

I have to say that 1/144 never really did it with me, especially civil aircraft but building this has made me rethink. I really now want to do the other two greats, the 747 and the Comet. I will be keeping my eyes open for a 1/72 Concorde but this time will look more closely. 

Thank you for opening my eyes, your build is inspirational and definitely something to aim for 👌👍

Si

• Thanks 1

A glorious looking build.. 

I have the Airfix on in my stash, SHMBO and I flew LHR T4 to JFK on 7 April 1997, our 20th wedding anniversary, Free on BA Miles!! 

We sat in the front seats, RHS. 

An unforgettable experience. 

G-BOAC is at Manchester and I'll be finishing the Airfix kit her as we flew her. 

One Day....  

Don't hold your breath. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, 224 Peter said:

A glorious looking build.. 

I have the Airfix on in my stash, SHMBO and I flew LHR T4 to JFK on 7 April 1997, our 20th wedding anniversary, Free on BA Miles!! 

We sat in the front seats, RHS. 

An unforgettable experience. 

G-BOAC is at Manchester and I'll be finishing the Airfix kit her as we flew her. 

One Day....  

Don't hold your breath. 

Hi Peter

How I would have loved to flown in one, sadly not.  I used to know one of the foreman working on the prototypes when I was at BAe, some of the stories flitting backward and forward from Filton to Toulouse, very interesting. 

My 1/144 is going to be G-BOAC.  Im going to try my best to get to the standard of Andy's..............wish me luck..........I think Im going to need it 😱😂

Si

Superb build of a great aircraft.

I have two memorable associations with this aircraft. First as a 16 year old Air Cadet spending a weeks summer camp at Fairford in 1970 (The RAF C-130 wing was based there) where the UK prototype Concorde was test flying. We saw it fly several times that week and also got to go inside. Then 30 years later, I got to fly in G-BOAD from London to New York on a business trip. That was the best flying experience of my life (so far!)

Thanks for sharing.

Terry