1:48 Westland Lysander MkIIIA

5 hours ago, jackroadkill said:

That's grand!  I enjoyed reading the WIP and it's great to see she's finished and ready to go.

Thanks Jack - much appreciated!

Cheers,

Roger

Looks great. Excellent detail work!

I'm planning a 161 Sq. "Special Duties" Lysander, using the same kit, so I hope I can get mine looking half as good. I've found your build log very useful, particularly with regard to the rear compartment--I was disappointed to find Eduard hadn't supplied an SD version. Yours looks very convincing. May I ask what references you used? I've only been able to glean the vaguest of detail from the usual pilot memoirs.

15 hours ago, Hamiltonian said:

Looks great. Excellent detail work!

I'm planning a 161 Sq. "Special Duties" Lysander, using the same kit, so I hope I can get mine looking half as good. I've found your build log very useful, particularly with regard to the rear compartment--I was disappointed to find Eduard hadn't supplied an SD version. Yours looks very convincing. May I ask what references you used? I've only been able to glean the vaguest of detail from the usual pilot memoirs.

Thanks for the kind words. I shamessly borrowed from @dnl42's excellent build -  there really is little hard reference material so it's poetic licence. I also referred to the Lysander Haynes Manual, and had some help on the leading edge slats from @bigbadbadge. Not much help I'm afraid!

Cheers,

Roger

• Thanks 1

Excellent work, the interior is especially well detailed.

I've been looking out for one as I want to do another 613 Sqn aircraft, I believe the Eduard boxing comes with those markings. Unfortunately the kit seems to be as rare as rocking horse :poop:at the moment.

Pete

15 hours ago, Buzby061 said:

Excellent work, the interior is especially well detailed.

I've been looking out for one as I want to do another 613 Sqn aircraft, I believe the Eduard boxing comes with those markings. Unfortunately the kit seems to be as rare as rocking horse :poop:at the moment.

Pete

1 hour ago, Harold55 said:

What a wonderful job you have done here!  Excellent interior and paint job.  The weathering looks perfect to my eye.

1 hour ago, Uncle Pete said:

:wow:👍👍 

Until it's seen with your hand in the picture it looks HUGE!

Wiring BEHIND the dashboard?  You're mad! 🤪

Thanks for the kind words - much appreciated!

44 minutes ago, MickE said:

That's a great looking Lysander, well done!

34 minutes ago, Terry1954 said:

Beautiful Lysander!

Terry

Thanks for the kind words gents!