Dragon Panther Ausf D 1/35 (obvs) Kursk.

Jasper dog

I guess you will be busy with your tracks tomorrow then,  When I ordered my stuff there was an automatic email confirming they had received my order and a delivery date for today but there were 3 days before they sent an email that the parcel was on it's way, and the tracking system has not worked at all. :shrug:

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Retired Bob said:

I guess you will be busy with your tracks tomorrow then,  When I ordered my stuff there was an automatic email confirming they had received my order and a delivery date for today but there were 3 days before they sent an email that the parcel was on it's way, and the tracking system has not worked at all. :shrug:

Not sure about getting tracks done today but can at least press on, thought I'd order 3 bottles of the stuff should 🤞do 6 sets of tracks following Steve's @M3talpig recommendation of mixing 50/50 with water. With the uncertainty surrounding deliveries from abroad come Jan though best to stock up, who needs international trade agreements when sat atop a pile of burnishing fluid!

Not sure who you ordered from but the postage from these guys is very reasonable and order enough, as I did, and its free! (Taken just over a week to arrive btw).

I've another package on route too awash with Tamiya airbrush cleaner😉😀 and the mantlet 

I'm so easily pleased! 😁

Thanks Dan @Dads203 for the link to super hobby !

Hope your stuff arrives soon, I've noticed some companies send notifications of postage as soon as you've paid 11pm Sat night..... 🤔

• Like 2

8 hours ago, diases said:

I was in access models, newark today, and they have AK burnishing fluid x3 on display. They do mail order if you need quickly.

Paul

Cheers, worth knowing!

Don't suppose you noticed if it was the burnishing fluid for tracks or PE?

(AK do both!)

Thanks

Darryl 

14 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Hope your stuff arrives soon, I've noticed some companies send notifications of postage as soon as you've paid 11pm Sat night..... 🤔

My order was with VMS and the confirmation email was at 8pm on a Sunday night, posting email was on the following Wednesday.  You are right about stocking up on supplies before January, I imagine things could go either way, but it's best to be safe.  Still hasn't  arrived today, glad I went with the magic tracks.

3 minutes ago, diases said:

Sorry. Didn't know there was two types, so didn't check

I thought I had ordered AK track burnishing fluid but it was AK photo-etch burnishing fluid, it only works on brass items.  Not to worry, it will be useful for brass barrels and muzzle brakes as well as p/e items.

13 minutes ago, diases said:

No worries, scoured the UK online shops looking for the right stuff!

8 minutes ago, Retired Bob said:

My order was with VMS and the confirmation email was at 8pm on a Sunday night, posting email was on the following Wednesday.  You are right about stocking up on supplies before January, I imagine things could go either way, but it's best to be safe.  Still hasn't  arrived today, glad I went with the magic tracks.

I'm even considering going through all paints, materials etc and ordering in anything I might need in the forseeable just in case of "issues"!

Depending who you listen too its either going to continue as we are or....

I suspect, perhaps with time, we should still be able to access / purchase all or most of the stuff we do now, commerce will find a way!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jasper dog said:

I suspect, perhaps with time, we should still be able to access / purchase all or most of the stuff we do now, commerce will find a way!

I agree that in time it will probably return to normal or we will adapt, depending on whether an agreement with the EU happens, if not it could be like ordering from China.  Best not to run out of anything  in January. :doh:

• Like 3

8 hours ago, diases said:

Good news, going off the web site it appears to be right the one! 

Disclaimer, before anyone rushes out and orders please check for yourselves its the one you want!!!!!

Not a bad price either £5.99. (+p&p I'd guess)

Thanks again,  appreciated. 

On 26/10/2020 at 22:02, Jasper dog said:

First package from Super Hobby (Poland) arrived today, 3 days early, no complaints at all, great service

Yeah just got a email from parcelforce saying mine is due today ....2 days early...will be using them again without doubt

• Like 2

1 minute ago, M3talpig said:

Yeah just got a email from parcelforce saying mine is due today ....2 days early...will be using them again without doubt

Just got another email myself a few mins ago, this'll be the extra thin/airbrush cleaner and the mantlet.

Even the postage is very reasonable, cheaper in some cases than from a UK seller!

Like Christmas come early,🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jasper dog said:

Just got another email myself a few mins ago, this'll be the extra thin/airbrush cleaner and the mantlet.

Even the postage is very reasonable, cheaper in some cases than from a UK seller!

Lol.... I'm actually preferring the airbrush cleaner to the actual extra thin cement.... It cleans airbrushes too :D

That's my attempt at a joke, Btw.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Longbow said:

Lol.... I'm actually preferring the airbrush cleaner to the actual extra thin cement.... It cleans airbrushes too :D

That's my attempt at a joke, Btw.

Don't worry Lee I got it although I had to look twice 🙄

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Longbow said:

Not such good value if you use Extra 

Thin to clean the airbrush....

:whistle: :tumble:

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Yay, my parcel of goodies arrived today, track burnishing fluid, track and AFV pigments, pigment fixer, glue and masking fluid.  It came from hobby-nexus-supplies, it's taken a week to come from Poland so not bad, and I got a Haynes manual on the Panther tank as well. :thumbsup:

IMG_1414

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, Retired Bob said:

Yay, my parcel of goodies arrived today, track burnishing fluid, track and AFV pigments, pigment fixer, glue and masking fluid.  It came from hobby-nexus-supplies, it's taken a week to come from Poland so not bad, and I got a Haynes manual on the Panther tank as well. :thumbsup:

Quite a box of goodies, good to see how the fluid does, I had a slightly smaller delivery too....

Airbrush cleaner and mantlet have arrived,

fine, 

spacer.png

but so has......

spacer.png

How cool is that, sharks mouth face mask!

Funnily enough the Mrs isn't that keen.....can't imagine why???

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Thank you, my sentiments exactly!

Almost looking forward to going out in it....

I shall have to get me one of those perfect imo 🙂👍

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Andy J said:

I shall have to get me one of those perfect imo 🙂👍

They appear to sell out fairly quick...this and the Warthog one.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224187237112

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133543883544

Enjoy!

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Quite a box of goodies, good to see how the fluid does, I had a slightly smaller delivery too....

Airbrush cleaner and mantlet have arrived,

fine, 

spacer.png

but so has......

spacer.png

How cool is that, sharks mouth face mask!

Funnily enough the Mrs isn't that keen.....can't imagine why???

Just managed to track one down from scalemates Darryl on it's way thanks for the heads up 👍We could start our own Warhawk face mask club mate 🙂👍🙄

3 hours ago, Andy J said:

Just managed to track one down from scalemates Darryl on it's way thanks for the heads up 👍We could start our own Warhawk face mask club mate 🙂👍🙄

Cool!

Which did you get?

2 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Cool!

Which did you get?

Same one as above mate i believe it's supposed to represent the nose of a P-40 Warhawk 🙂👍

• Like 1