Dragon Panther Ausf D 1/35 (obvs) Kursk.

Jasper dog

4 hours ago, SimonT said:

subtle

Yes Baldrick ...let us not forget you tried to solve the problem of your mothers low ceiling by cutting off her head..................... :D

Don't think Lee does subtle :D

Edited by M3talpig
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, M3talpig said:

Yes Baldrick ...let us not forget you tried to solve the problem of your mothers low ceiling by cutting off her head..................... :D

Don't think Lee does subtle :D

Why are you posting in here and not working on your Panther !!!! :D

• Haha 3

Hi Darryl.......nice choice. I have this one partially built in the cabinet.....I'd have thrown it into this GB, but if was far beyond the 25% rule. Take a look at the Voyage Kursk Panther upgrade set.....it has the tool box seen on a few Panthers of that battle. Tough to bend, but give's it something different. I thought this Dragon kit was pretty good, no issues I came across......looking forward to following...:yes:

Simon.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Longbow said:

Why are you posting in here and not working on your Panther !!!! :D

If you ask me this fella just has far to much time on his hands!

5 hours ago, M3talpig said:

Pat attention old bean ...i just posted a quick update

I just can't keep up with all the threads never mind trying to do any modelling myself! :tired:

Hang tight I'll around to yours ASAP!

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

I just can't keep up with all the threads never mind trying to do any modelling myself! :tired:

You and me both mate .....haven't shown my face in the armour section for two days ...just can't keep up

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Redcoat2966 said:

Hi Darryl.......nice choice. I have this one partially built in the cabinet.....I'd have thrown it into this GB, but if was far beyond the 25% rule. Take a look at the Voyage Kursk Panther upgrade set.....it has the tool box seen on a few Panthers of that battle. Tough to bend, but give's it something different. I thought this Dragon kit was pretty good, no issues I came across......looking forward to following...:yes:

Simon.

You do, I remember you starting it a while ago!

I did see the Voyager set but going off the pictures of the Panther I'm doing it doesn't appear to have the box in question....such a shame I don't get to make a pigs ear of folding it! That's my excuse anyway....

Being my first GB I thought to keep it simple as time might be an issue, could perhaps have been a little more adventures but there's still plenty of opportunities to muck this up yet!

Suffice to say the primary goal is to drag this over the line completed just in time to start the Panzer III one immediately after!

Looking forward to seeing your Bergepanther take shape!

Cheers

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

You do, I remember you starting it a while ago!

I did see the Voyager set but going off the pictures of the Panther I'm doing it doesn't appear to have the box in question....such a shame I don't get to make a pigs ear of folding it! That's my excuse anyway....

Being my first GB I thought to keep it simple as time might be an issue, could perhaps have been a little more adventures but there's still plenty of opportunities to muck this up yet!

Suffice to say the primary goal is to drag this over the line completed just in time to start the Panzer III one immediately after!

Looking forward to seeing your Bergepanther take shape!

Cheers

Same here mate........must finish this one for a change, although the painting combined with building is a task and half.....keep it up, and see you at the finish line. :yes:

• Thanks 1

Torn between a III or a Stug, might do a Kursk one to go with the Panther...

However I am tempted by the new Takom kit..

Choices,  choices,  choices!🤔

Signed up for the III build before I decided on the Panther one, think it starts two days after this finishes, perfect timing!

So I hope you chaps are all signed up😉

10 hours ago, Redcoat2966 said:

Same here mate........must finish this one for a change, although the painting combined with building is a task and half.....keep it up, and see you at the finish line. :yes:

You have set yourself a punishing schedule but three months should be sufficient, if I can get something finished in that time anyone can!

• Like 3

The one thing I really regret is repairing that PzIII L from the first grey and the winter white debacle.  

I have the N that I may do as the 502 vehicle in the grey, pre white wash. 

I have the Takom Stug III, and its a real nice kit, Darryl. 
I’m pretty sure there are markings in there for a Gross Deutschland vehicle, to go with your Panther. 

• Like 2

On 14/10/2020 at 16:21, Longbow said:

I have the Takom Stug III, and its a real nice kit, Darryl. 
I’m pretty sure there are markings in there for a Gross Deutschland vehicle, to go with your Panther. 

Yeah,  even though I have a couple of Tamiya Pzr III and old Dragon Stugs the thought of a new Takom kit is very appealing and it saves after market decals for a GD vehicle 🤔

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Yeah,  even though I have a couple of Tamiya Pzr III and old Dragon Stugs the thought of a new Takom kit is very appealing and it saves after market decals for a GD vehicle 🤔

I’ll check the marking options in the morning ;)

• Thanks 1

Progress, I've actually managed a few mins on the bench / at the tabel, as mentioned previously I've migrated temporarily to a collapsible table in the lounge, the luxury!

spacer.png

Treated myself to some new tools, Budget Xuron nippers, not a huge improvement over the old cheapies  but they are the budget model. Perhaps if I'd spent £20+ on some or bought some God Hand, or whatever they're called, might be different but they are really pricey!

And a new set if tweezers. 

spacer.png

Another Ebay special but really cheap, to buy as opposed to quality.

As mentioned earlier bit of filler required on glacis plate but nothing insurmountable. 

spacer.png

Varies fixtures and fittings added to the hull and turret shell assembled. 

spacer.png

Since photos I've squirted a little black primer inside the hull and turret, don't want the reflection from shiny grey plastic visible!

Working on a new track guard, work in progress...

spacer.png

spacer.png

How clumsy I've bent it out of shape.....

That's all folks, have a good day.

• Like 9

15 hours ago, M3talpig said:

He's doin it ........bout bloomin time ....nice bit of copper work goin on  :goodjob:

Bleedin nerve....the level of inane drivel and subtle digs doesn't just happen, it needs careful crafting, honing if you will, it carries a cost. However I think you've had a good headstart and I knew Lee couldn't wait for you, so much for the "no one gets left behind" motto btw. I felt duty bound to keep you company but if its unappreciated....

No good trying to placate the old duffer with "nice bit of copper work..." either, it's all bent and buckled now! 

14 hours ago, Longbow said:

I thought he was waiting for us to finish first !! :D

Don't you start, bleedin colonials, I was keeping Steve company at the back of the field. 

Is it me or has his Usula thread gone quite, you don't think he's slipping back to edited highlights mode??

14 hours ago, Stef N. said:

Looking good so far and may I commend you on your choice of beer. Nice drop that.👍😀

I always appreciate the "so far" in any comment on a build, love the implication that, good so far but plenty of chance make a Horlicks out of it...

Going to have to get a move on though being maligned for not cracking on...

I do like the occasional quality continental beverage of an eve, save the real liquor for a breakfast pick-me-up!😉

Cheers chaps, mostly appreciated!

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

nice bit of copper work..." either, it's all bent and buckled now! 

was that not the point then...................... i can't tell anymore :D

32 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

I was keeping Steve company at the back of the field. 

Awwww see he does love me ........

32 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Usula thread gone quite

just doin the boring bits

33 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Horlicks

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.........................................Horlicks

34 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Cheers chaps, mostly appreciated!

Your welcome :like:

• Haha 2