B-24D Hobby Boss 1:32

For a kit about which nothing good can be said, you've done an outstanding job. You mention the kit is weak. Would you elaborate on that, please? And how did you overcome the weak plastic landing gear? For those who still want to build the kit, your insights would be most helpful. Thank you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sorry to hear that you didn`t like the kit,........ especially as I`m part way through starting my own B-24J,..... but you have made an excellent job of it. Love the paint job.

Whatever shortcomings you may feel the kit possesses, you have certainly produced an awesome result in spite of them!

The finishing and weathering looks tremendously realistic.

I have Hasegawa's 1/72 B-24J in my stash, for which your build certainly inspires.

:clap2::clap2: 

Edited by kapam

22 hours ago, Koralik64 said:

I have nothing good to write about this kit

It might not be good, but it's certainly big.  Do you know the approximate volume in litres?  🙂

Hobbyboss made a bold move issuing this monstrosity, one wishes they had assigned development duties to the competent engineers HB is known to employ rather than letting the "B" team squander the opportunity.  The engine fronts especially aren't up to the present standard for 1/72, much less large scale.  😬

Regardless, you've certainly made an impressive result of that beast.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Uncle Pete said:

It looks great.  Must be enormous, though... Better buy some flowers for your wife now.  (My wife would make me keep it in the garage!)

Fortunately, this problem has to be solved by the person who ordered this model.
My problem is shipping and packing.🤔

• Like 1

For all of the pushback this kit provided, you conquered it with determination to produce a masterpiece.  This B-24 belongs in a museum.  

Congratulations!!!! :worthy:

Mike

• Like 1

Regardless, still a great looking build.  Jumping into my first two Hobby Boss builds..............and they are rough kits.  Nothing like Tamiya, Eduard or Hasegawa.  Think the few AMT kits I've built were better.