hello, from Collierville, TN

cat5fred

Hi Everyone,

Although I have been a member for a couple of years I've decided to make this my go-to forum.

My modeling background is pretty much like most of you, started when I was 8-9 years old, back in the early 70s, did it till 16-17, went to college, got married, kids arrived, then took the hobby again in my late forties.

I'm 57 now.  

My focus is WWII, both axis and allied, though I seem to prefer American subjects, probably because they are the ones I'm most familiar with.

I'm not a rivet counter but do want my models to be as realistic as reasonably possible.  This is a hobby for me, not an occupation 😉

And before I forget, thanks for all the great knowledge I've acquired by simply reading your posts.

• Like 3

Hello Cat5... :post1: from about 10 hours North-Northwest of you in Chicago. This is the only forum Ive ever belonged too, been building models since 79 and started at the same age you did 8. Im 49 now but took some time off from 05-14 because of competition burnout. I do mostly aircraft from the 30’s to current stuff. Prefer the WW2 & Cold-war types mostly. I build a good cross of stuff as I try to look for interesting schemes to keep it visually exciting. 

Dennis

• 7 months later...
On 10/9/2020 at 5:03 PM, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Welcome aboard!  I don't know if you are our first person from Tennessee (or not).  What scale do you build in?

1/48 and occasionally 1/32.  How about you?

I build in 1/72, but very occasionally in 1/144, depending on the subject.  I like big, multi-engine aircraft, but also build some smaller, tactical aircraft--everything from 1938 or so onward.