No thrills Panther D **Finished***

Ozzy

Very much a place holder for the moment as I'm co hosting the MTO build, it will be built out of the box ( apart from some Tamyia tracks) as I don't think I can add anything else. I have a set of Masterbox crew and a set of paints for the interior.

image.jpg

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Longbow said:

It seems that the Takom kits are gaining a little traction ;)

Ive had the kit on the shelf since they first came out, I had planned to build the Dennis put this GB on the books so I waited.

1 hour ago, diases said:

That was my other option, but Plumped for the berge.

Good Luck with it, and I can steal ideas for mine 😗

Paul

Thanks Paul,

you definitely can, I've got a plan to cut segments out of the hull to show off the interior a bit like the old 1:25 Tamiya kits.

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Oooh another good choice, I fully understand the commitment to the MTO build so if you only get a start its understandable. Finishing is not required only fun is. 

Thanks Dennis,

i'll definitely make a start, Ive been looking forward to building this for a while now.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I thought I had sold all my unstarted 1/35th vehicle kits but discovered I have the Zvezda 'D, don't know if I'll get started on it, have other MTO builds to do, but I do like the Panther and it would be a final attempt at a 1/35th AFV! You may inspire me yet Ozzy, along with the others on here!

Davey.

• Like 2

On 03/11/2020 at 16:41, DaveyGair said:

I thought I had sold all my unstarted 1/35th vehicle kits but discovered I have the Zvezda 'D, don't know if I'll get started on it, have other MTO builds to do, but I do like the Panther and it would be a final attempt at a 1/35th AFV! You may inspire me yet Ozzy, along with the others on here!

Davey.

Thanks Davey,

due to Englands month long pause, I may have an opportunity to start and get a fair bit done. The Zvezda kit does look  a nice kit, hopefully I will give you some inspiration.

• Like 1

With the MTO build drying out, I thought I’d cut the plastic on this build. I’ve followed the instructions but read somewhere about adding the transmission after, the kits fit so far is fantastic there was a little jiggling to get the torsion bars in the right place. Once they were all in the correct place fitted well. The transmission was a build in itself, I followed the mig paint set that said it’s bright green again the instructors say grey for the hull but may change to red? As I’ve been looking in the Research Squads book Panther Project volume 1.

3791922-C-2-BC4-4-F7-A-A728-7-D33687-E15

8-BF3-B179-1976-4-E26-A9-F0-1-BA9-BE1-CC

BD7-FB70-E-1719-43-AE-B1-F8-009486-BE5-E

C82-E54-BC-269-E-45-E0-A432-23758-DE863-

D4-DCB944-ACBD-4573-B6-FA-B691-C74-BD69-

EAB90-AC9-9-EB7-4-E13-9251-FE947-D5-C4-D

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Nice to see it under way, but more involved than I'd tackle for a limited time build so good luck.

Cheers

Darryl 

Thanks Darryl,

hopefully i haven’t bitten off more than I can chew, I’m going to do a bit of cutting of the hull to show off the inside.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Thanks Darryl,

hopefully i haven’t bitten off more than I can chew, I’m going to do a bit of cutting of the hull to show off the inside.

Rather you than me!

Good luck!

• Like 1

I found a pot of lifecolor RAL 8017 rotbraun , thought it looked better than the gray I also painted the transmission gray. Got a bit more building done as well this evening.

url=https://postimg.cc/bDggwktN]0-BDF9-F27-C0-F9-40-B9-941-F-50-BD14-CFE[/url]

4352-E9-E1-D706-4-C99-857-F-955-B856-F1-

5-D8-C8-C47-393-B-4-CB0-BCC8-D6-BA36-FA4

E457-D7-FC-EC00-4-B1-E-A686-BC5-A5-CBEB5

• Like 11

I can feel your pain mate on this one...I had a few fit issues on my Bergepanther. Found the bulkheads forced the side walls out slightly, and didn't notice until I tried to fir the top hull half. Had to pair down for a tight fit onto the sponsons.

..looking good so far though....

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Redcoat2966 said:

I can feel your pain mate on this one...I had a few fit issues on my Bergepanther. Found the bulkheads forced the side walls out slightly, and didn't notice until I tried to fir the top hull half. Had to pair down for a tight fit onto the sponsons.

..looking good so far though....

Thanks Redcoat,

ive been following your build as a painting guide, if I build another one I’ll paint the sides of hull first. I have been cutting a bit to make things fit the bottom of the seat flooring needed a trim.

I could definitely getting more modelling done working from home, just built the ammunition racks and figures whilst on a couple of meetings.

A947-CAD7-1599-48-B5-908-B-FA61-C49650-F

D40-BC54-B-A9-F6-4106-816-F-CB5-C8-EC1-F

• Like 4

Did a a bit more over the weekend, got the lower hull finished less for the engine painted some crew figures and fitted them. The driver needed a bit of jiggling under the transmission but fitted well.

0218-F2-D6-B763-410-A-9-AE1-19-CE57-A49-

92-D1-B6-C2-CF00-45-BF-B3-D2-BC357-C2-BB

B7-E1-AE30-E792-42-ED-A44-E-9708587-FD28

F10-EEE19-6-C64-4725-9-CCE-C66-E29-CE859

• Like 10

Not that productive this week I got the tracks built, I used the Tamiya set as I thought the kits tracks looked a little fiddly. I also got the engine built yesterday I will get some pictures tomorrow.

9-DD6-EDB5-55-C6-4296-A809-BF3257-CFAB40

E44-A7745-3-D06-4216-811-F-96-C0-D9-DA4-

FD4-C7080-D828-488-A-AC12-9876-ED16-A929

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, Peter Roberts said:

She's coming together well. Slow and steady indeed - I can identify with that! :) 

Thanks Peter, 

ive put my MTO build on hold at the moment to make some inroads into this kit, there are lots of nice details still to pop in the hull.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DaveyGair said:

Great going Ozzy, I don't think I could be bothered with all the interior unless doing a cut-away, which you are doing?

:goodjob:

Davey.

Thanks Davey,

i wouldn't normally bother,  but I have been mulling over how I was going to show off the inside for a few years. I finally came up with this idea, I thought it may be to excessive to cut down the Center to show both halves.