No thrills Panther D **Finished***

Ozzy

A bit of progress the engine is in and the right sponson is built and painted, I’ve also had a final cut on the turret to allow for a good view. I picked up some brass rounds for the racks and I got a bit of superglue today to stick them together.

0-FC46849-A9-F3-40-F8-9-F01-632-FEF7-E1-

D9-FC0340-021-E-4013-8-EBA-6-D2662-F939-

043-BB128-52-B6-4-FB7-A956-8-BE6-CEEB762

9-CE1-E471-A8-A9-4705-8-D39-2840-ADC1-F8

• Like 5

3 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Ozzy. Hope you are well. Fantastic progress so far. Going to be a stunning Panther D!

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix,

were ok down here, hope your all well up there. I’ve parked the MTO build for a minute as my local club are having a lockdown group build, I thought I’d kill 2 birds with 1 stone and make a start on the Panther I’ve got till the 8 Dec to get as much as I can done.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DaveyGair said:

Nice work Ozzy, how much of the engine decking are you going to leave off?

:goodjob:

Davey.

Thanks Davey,

the engine hatch hatch will be open and I may leave one side of the fan covers off, I’ve just built the interior of the turret less for the main gun. I have to say with the figures in there it’s cozy.

Ah ha.....a cutaway......nice. Looking very nice Davey. I feel your pain with the internals, and like the bravery to tackle a cutaway version.

What's the maker of the 75mm shells mate. I need some for a figure throwing one out on my Kursk Panther I'm still working on.

Nice job so far, looking forward to internals exposed this way...:yes:

Regards

Simon.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Redcoat2966 said:

Ah ha.....a cutaway......nice. Looking very nice Davey. I feel your pain with the internals, and like the bravery to tackle a cutaway version.

What's the maker of the 75mm shells mate. I need some for a figure throwing one out on my Kursk Panther I'm still working on.

Nice job so far, looking forward to internals exposed this way...:yes:

Regards

Simon.

Thanks Simon,

i took the plunge with the Dremel and cut away, I'm not sure if I’ve cut enough away on the hull yet?

i picked the shells of eBay, I’ll let you know the maker next time I’m at the bench. You get 12 in the bag with 9 rounds to pop in the cartridge case.

a bit of progress this week on the turret,  I painted the remaining 3 figures its definitely a tight squeeze in there with 3 crew.

27-E690-E6-7-A22-48-AC-8069-629-B8-F01-A

36-B9-A42-B-AEE5-49-A2-A308-76-F2-E3-C60

46-F55-C10-9307-431-C-A634-F51-E16979-B5

B64-B8-A4-B-DE61-48-EB-866-D-DFB0-B4-F0-

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Good work on the cutaway structure. Ive got a book on German Armor and The King Tiger on the cover is cut-away. Looks just like your tank. 

Thanks Dennis,

its my first attempt at anything like this, it’s all going well so far the challenge will come when I come to photograph the finish build.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Thanks Dennis,

its my first attempt at anything like this, it’s all going well so far the challenge will come when I come to photograph the finish build.

Its good, Ive always wanted to fo the same to an airplane build. Maybe a Monogram B-17, B-24, or Something along those lines ? Will you outline the edges in red like some museum cutaway’s are done ? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Its good, Ive always wanted to fo the same to an airplane build. Maybe a Monogram B-17, B-24, or Something along those lines ? Will you outline the edges in red like some museum cutaway’s are done ? 

That would look fantastic on either Dennis, I fancy doing that with the Airfix wellington like their display picture. I will coat the edges with red like you see in museums.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DaveyGair said:

Nice work, the commander looks a bit miserable though! 

:goodjob:

Davey

Thanks Davey,

hes threaders as his his brand new tank has been cut in half.

• Haha 3

On 05/12/2020 at 14:25, PlaStix said:

Hi Ozzy. Very impressive modelling so far and I do like how you are going to display the interior. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix’s,

i had been thinking for a while how to show the insides off, RFM have released a cutaway hull I should have just waited. I will just need to find a better camera to take the final shots.

On 12/6/2020 at 7:14 PM, Ozzy said:

Thanks Stix’s,

i had been thinking for a while how to show the insides off, RFM have released a cutaway hull I should have just waited. I will just need to find a better camera to take the final shots.

Trust me, a better camera (Nikon D3100) doesn't make my photo's look any better, I need a proper photo booth and some lessons! 🙄

Davey.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DaveyGair said:

Trust me, a better camera (Nikon D3100) doesn't make my photo's look any better, I need a proper photo booth and some lessons! 🙄

Davey.

Thanks Davey,

theres a chap at my local club who’s got a booth and a decent camera, I may have to wait a while for some final pictures.

• Like 1

Starting to look like a finished build, I’ve still got loads of bits to stick on but definitely turning that corner.

4-CA25912-D638-461-B-BFBC-7873527-F3579.

BFCA1-E14-227-F-459-F-B459-07-E4-A6-A6-A

• Like 7

3 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Ozzy. That really is progressing superbly! It really does look excellent! Very nicely done!

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix,

just a few engine bits and the tools to fit and a tidy up everywhere and I should be done.