Royal Navy Photographic Awards

JohnT

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...
On 06/10/2020 at 17:33, JohnT said:

Apologies if seen already but some great photos on the BBC web site here:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-54420134

Might be worth pointing out that some of these shots of HMS Queen Elizabeth, particularly those by Kyle Heller, have been HDR processed. (For HDR read: High Dynamic Range.) HDR requires a significant amount of work using relevant software, even if the photo itself is made up of a number of different exposures through the camera. Whilst the technique has its place, especially in landscape photography, it can make an image look awful if not carefully controlled!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michael Leek said:

Might be worth pointing out that some of these shots of HMS Queen Elizabeth, particularly those by Kyle Heller, have been HDR processed. (For HDR read: High Dynamic Range.) HDR requires a significant amount of work using relevant software, even if the photo itself is made up of a number of different exposures through the camera. Whilst the technique has its place, especially in landscape photography, it can make an image look awful if not carefully controlled!

Interesting Mike. I for one didn’t know about such things. Can’t find the button on my box brownie either. 
seriuosly I’m going to have read up on that and thanks for sharing