It will be one of these:
panther_000.jpg

A RyeField Model Panther Ausf G.

The box contents
panther_001.jpg

And the kit decals together with some AM stuff
panther_002.jpg

Three decal sets (including the kit ones) - I can't build all of those vehicles
I do have an eye on one of them, but am awaiting yet more AM stuff before I commit to that.

All I can say, with total lack of certainty, is that it will be earlyish, without Zimmerit.

This is not the only RyeField Panther in the mix, Longbow will be building from the same boxing

• Like 8

Hello @SimonT
Think that's a QuickWheel template.
I used one on my Tiger, and loved the ease of use, so I bought another for the Panther.

Just search evil-Bay for "quickwheel panther" - got mine from Australia, but there are suppliers in Poland now.

• Thanks 1

Yep same as the dope above :D ....looking forward to this also...... just a quick warning on the decals at the bottom ....if your doing 421 or 411 you will need a steel wheel for the last torsion bar as that particular vehicle is a final production model...it's also one of the Panthers captured by the U.S and is now at Aberdeen so there is a ton of photos of her available.....was thinking of doing that one myself because of the fact it was basically red oxide with green stripes ...a really pretty Panther.

Edited by M3talpig
  • Like 1

Thanks @M3talpig, I'll note that for a future build ... planning something a bit earlier, possibly built in September '44?

p.s. Is Aberdeen still working?
Though I'd heard that that stuff has all moved

pps Yup - most went to Fort Lee
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Army_Ordnance_Training_and_Heritage_Center

• Like 1

2 hours ago, M3talpig said:

Yep same as the dope above :D ....looking forward to this also...... just a quick warning on the decals at the bottom ....if your doing 421 or 411 you will need a steel wheel for the last torsion bar as that particular vehicle is a final production model...it's also one of the Panthers captured by the U.S and is now at Aberdeen so there is a ton of photos of her available.....was thinking of doing that one myself because of the fact it was basically red oxide with green stripes ...a really pretty Panther.

This kit contains the last two steel wheel version too Steve. You could probably make every version of a G from this kit, except the fully steel wheeled version. 

It's a real nice kit. 

Edited by Longbow
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Robert Stuart said:

p.s. Is Aberdeen still working?
Though I'd heard that that stuff has all moved

Yeah i think i'm a bit behind on that ...it's been a while ...think a lot went to the patton museum as well 

1 hour ago, Longbow said:

This kit contains the last two steel wheel version too Steve. You could probably make every version of a G from this kit, except the fully steel wheeled version. 

It's a real nice kit. 

oh nice ...they really do think of everything now don't they :thanks:

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, M3talpig said:

Yeah i think i'm a bit behind on that ...it's been a while ...think a lot went to the patton museum as well 

oh nice ...they really do think of everything now don't they :thanks:

Pretty sure a lot of stuff was moved here to Ft. Benning. 
The only surviving Panther II is here. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Longbow said:

Pretty sure a lot of stuff was moved here to Ft. Benning. 
The only surviving Panther II is here.

Yep your right apologies i keep getting in a mucking fuddle with all the different museums and training colleges

12 minutes ago, Longbow said:

There are a lot lol :D

If you’re interested, Hillary Doyle has a series on YT on the vehicles here at Benning. 

As if there isn't enough on the YouTube already to keep me distracted...

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

As if there isn't enough on the YouTube already to keep me distracted..

Cute kitten and big jiggly hooters videos aren't going to get the models finished though are they Darryl....does your wife know that's how you spend your time in the hobby room........ lotion on the fingers can ruin a good paint job:cwl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, M3talpig said:

Cute kitten and big jiggly hooters videos aren't going to get the models finished though are they Darryl....does your wife know that's how you spend your time in the hobby room........ lotion on the fingers can ruin a good paint job:cwl:

How dare you, you, you....!:chair:

Don't judge everyone by your own mucky standards young man!:fraidnot:

How was i to know Purring Kitty's wasn't about maintaining the Maybach V12! :yikes:

Dropped my favourite 18yr old in my lap watching that!

Left a right mess, hope it doesn't stain.   :whistle:

18yr old bunnahabhain doesn't come cheap!

So how do you remove the lotion marks from your paintwork? :giggle:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

So how do you remove the lotion marks from your paintwork? :giggle:

Don't know what you mean................... :D now where did i put my glasses....i really am going blind:coolio:

9 minutes ago, M3talpig said:

Don't know what you mean................... :D now where did i put my glasses....i really am going blind:coolio:

I did wonder why these optivisors where getting increasingly popular....it really takes it toll on the old eye sight..

• Haha 1

Hey, just wanted to give you a heads up concerning a possible kit problem with the RFM G.

This is a picture taken from the web, of a completed G. Note the gap under the turret lol.

I understand that that the turret ring is shown upside down (?) in the instructions, which leads to this problem.

I may just leave the ring off for a while, to test solutions... 

spacer.png

Edited by Longbow
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I wonder if its the fact that its from a full internal kit.

The Takom kit I have, has a toothed ring to place on the Hull turret aperture. leaves a good finish if you remove the turret for displaying, but makes the turret sit the same as your picture if fitted.

The rings moulded into the turret base fits the hull hole perfectly, if the toothed ring is not fitted.

Can post Pic's if will help?

Paul

• Like 1

1 hour ago, diases said:

I wonder if its the fact that its from a full internal kit.

The Takom kit I have, has a toothed ring to place on the Hull turret aperture. leaves a good finish if you remove the turret for displaying, but makes the turret sit the same as your picture if fitted.

The rings moulded into the turret base fits the hull hole perfectly, if the toothed ring is not fitted.

Can post Pic's if will help?

Paul

I have no idea, but I'll certainly be paying close attention to it :D

Thanks for the heads-up @Longbow
Wonder if there was an issue fitting the turret base into the sides?
From the instructions it looks as if the turret floor is not flush with the bottom of the sides, but has a skirt under those sides.

p.s. I'm also concerned with the way the turret front is attached to the sides - something not quite right there

• Like 1