How many Phantoms can you get in a bath?

A sort of "Ready for inspection."

Wife's away for the week and I was being nagged about dusting the library/model room.IT suite/den. A few years ago I had reduced the Phantoms on "display" from about 150 to about 100, with the remainder going into plastic, lidded boxes in the loft - all cocooned in lots of shredded paper (about 15 per box). But it's time for a change of display (and a clean up).

So, first job was to get the boxes down and unloaded onto the spare bed (looks like my own AMARG). Then it's choose which are going on display and which are going back up the loft ladder.

Models get dusty, as we all know, so it's into a basin of soapy water and swilled around, then into the bath to drain. Once a shelf was cleared and dusted, the display models go on to that shelf and so on.

50426401148_c47c0f192d_z.jpg20201006_114134 by Iain Peden, on Flickr

50426401023_c5227d5068_z.jpg20201006_114150 by Iain Peden, on Flickr

50427273957_8b5bb82cd3_z.jpg20201006_114129 by Iain Peden, on Flickr

50427274132_ea51e9d0c6_z.jpg20201006_114121 by Iain Peden, on Flickr

50426401673_55b4ab8491_z.jpg20201006_114105 by Iain Peden, on Flickr

50427098231_941ea61de6_z.jpg20201006_114052 by Iain Peden, on Flickr

On the shelves? Every RAF unit - including 11 of XV470, every RN unit, a selection of USANG, USMC and USN, every nation which flew/flies the beast and few Japanese and German specials. (and 2 WHIFS - RAF RF-4C and an Italian a/c with the half orange, half camo and the cat and mouse markings as carried by a Starfighter)

The next task is to reload the boxes and update my word list to ensure I don't double up

• Like 63
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

I got dizzy gazing on the multitude of Phantoms displayed and I for one, love it!!!! The only better than one Phantom is two and the only thing better than two Phantoms is........

Great presentation!!!

Mike

1 hour ago, junglierating said:

You should see his lightning collection 🤪😂😂😂

If  bigger, that would be all Lightnings ever produced and more ever operational at the same time, no?! :D

• Like 1

What is the Phantom....?  Never heard of that one.....😂

Absolutely CRAZY collection, well done that man.

What is the Phantom....?  Never heard of that one.....😂

Absolutely CRAZY collection, well done that man.

10 hours ago, Duncan B said:

Oh boy are you in trouble if the Mrs comes home early.

Duncan B

You posted it first, but I had the same thought.   I imagine quite a few married guys had the same thought!

@iainpeden What's wrong with a man having that many Phantoms?    Have you seen how many pairs of women's shoes are donated to charity?   You, Sir, are living the dream of a lot of folks.  

• Like 3

One assumes they all have a protective coating of some kind to prevent decals from lifting during the immersion stage.

Either that or you're very quick and careful with the water.

An incredible collection!

:clap2: