Sherman M4A1 76W

Hope nobody minds this post ...you have all seen this before, i was so happy with the Jagdtiger and the small base i did for it i decided to do the same for the Orphan...this is the result.

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Nanond said:

Beautiful model and photography.

Nanond

Thanks bud

30 minutes ago, Longbow said:

It still looks fantastic, Steve !!

** COUGH ** Figures... ** COUGH **

Well i thought that knock at the door was the figure i've been waiting for sadly just bills....was hoping to get them both done before the GB........

• Like 1

6 hours ago, M3talpig said:

Hope nobody minds this post ...you have all seen this before, i was so happy with the Jagdtiger and the small base i did for it i decided to do the same for the Orphan...this is the result.

Good to see it on its own, with out the distraction of a vignette. All I can say Steve, is that you've done  superb job on it. And I'm glad to see the stowage tied down. Nice touch.

John.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

Good to see it on its own, with out the distraction of a vignette.

No room for the dioramas and i too didn't like the distraction....actually i took a leaf out of your book (hope you don't mind) ...i liked how the base reflected the surroundings the vehicle would have been seen / used but without distracting from the subject ...plus it's only recently i've been getting to grips with the photo side of things....The Jagd came out so well i was curious about the Sherman.

34 minutes ago, Steve27752 said:

Very nice, I love how everything that should be tied down, is well, tied down. It looks great on the base.

Thanks Steve  :D

Still looks great!

I rather liked the figures you'd already done for it btw

The endless quest for perfection....

What do you make the base from?

Cheers 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Andy J said:

Another stunning result looks very realistic and the photos create a fantastic atmosphere. Well done Steve awesome 👌 👏 

Thanks Andy 

13 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Still looks great!

I rather liked the figures you'd already done for it btw

The endless quest for perfection....

What do you make the base from?

Cheers 

I know what you mean but as you know i was never happy with them..........the bases are 9mm thick MDF which i bought in a 6ft by 4 ft sheet from B&Q ....it's dense and when you sand the edges it gives a really smooth edge for paint ...not just that it's really easy to cut and shape.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, phildagreek said:

Love it!

Thanks Phil

2 hours ago, Dads203 said:

Superb build indeed fella and nothing more I can say that has already not been said above :thumbsup:

Carry on :frantic:

Thanks Dan

• Like 1

15 hours ago, M3talpig said:

.i liked how the base reflected the surroundings the vehicle would have been seen / used but without distracting from the subject

Basically, that's how I work. Because I like to enter the competition at Telford, I base (no pun intended) it on the competitions rules. They're fairly strict, but straight forward, along the lines of "the base should depict the surroundings that the tank/vehicles would have been found in". You can include some items such as an oil drum, but if you go too far, it has to go into the diorama class, so it's a case of, keep it simple.

John.

• Like 2

I imagine the light hitting the tank on your last photo is from the cafe/restaurant the crew are sitting in, enjoying drinks ‘on the house’.

Excellent photography, the model and base are alright too I guess :smirk:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, SimonT said:

I imagine the light hitting the tank on your last photo is from the cafe/restaurant the crew are sitting in, enjoying drinks ‘on the house’.

I don't think he was trying, and that led to the mediocre finish of the composition.............................................. :D

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, SimonT said:

imagine the light hitting the tank on your last photo is from the cafe/restaurant the crew are sitting in, enjoying drinks ‘on the house’.

3 hours ago, Longbow said:

I don't think he was trying, and that led to the mediocre finish of the composition.............................................. :D

Awww thanks guys im feeling a warm fuzzy feeling ..... :D

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Basically, that's how I work. Because I like to enter the competition at Telford, I base (no pun intended) it on the competitions rules. They're fairly strict, but straight forward, along the lines of "the base should depict the surroundings that the tank/vehicles would have been found in". You can include some items such as an oil drum, but if you go too far, it has to go into the diorama class, so it's a case of, keep it simple.

Missing Telford..... not that i would enter the competition my stuff is just not good enough for that. more practice needed:D

10 hours ago, M3talpig said:

Missing Telford..... not that i would enter the competition my stuff is just not good enough for that. more practice needed:D

Pardon the phrase, but that is pure bovine scatter! That M4A1 would definitely stand a chance in the competition. If Telford is on next year, consider it. I think that you will be pleasantly surprised.

John.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Figures done ...took all night but the result was worth it ...sorry for the not so good close ups ...still have a lot to learn about the settings on the camera..............Figure is Panzerart 

spacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by M3talpig
  • Like 3