1/35 Tamiya Sturmpanzer IV late production

That's a tidy little number.....nice camo'. I take it that done with a commercial mask....nicely done. I have one of these and might try a dot mask from a supplier. Love the figure too.....nice bit of painting that. Smooth shading on the jacket....nice.

Cheers

Simon.

• Like 1

Excellent work! 

At the risk of repeating what's been said, really great work on the paint and weathering the figure is really well painted too btw!

Thanks for posting

Darryl 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Redcoat2966 said:

That's a tidy little number.....nice camo'. I take it that done with a commercial mask....nicely done. I have one of these and might try a dot mask from a supplier. Love the figure too.....nice bit of painting that. Smooth shading on the jacket....nice.

Cheers

Simon.

Thank you for your comment! The masking dots were masking tape cut to size using DSPIAE stepless circular cutter. It isn't as convenient as buying a pre-cut masking set, but the cutting tool is very easy to use. I cut over a thousand dots in just a few hours. 

9 hours ago, Ron NL-S said:

Woah!

This one is unreal!

That pattern.... and the mud... the details.... Superb!

Just 2 things.... the rubber on the spare wheel? And the inside of the barrel? They seem to have been forgotten?

Thank you! 
Regarding your questions. The spare wheel is an all-steel type. It is unused, so I left painted in dark yellow paint. The barrel you see is just the outer armoured sleeve, while the actual barrel sit further inside. I painted this part dark yellow and gave it some dark soot. I could have probably painted it in a darker color. 

Thank you all for your comments and 'Like'.

Nanond

8 hours ago, Nanond said:

Thank you! 
Regarding your questions. The spare wheel is an all-steel type. It is unused, so I left painted in dark yellow paint. The barrel you see is just the outer armoured sleeve, while the actual barrel sit further inside. I painted this part dark yellow and gave it some dark soot. I could have probably painted it in a darker color. 

I never knew they had an armoured sleeve over the gunbarrel.

Can you or anyone else tell me why this was done?

3 hours ago, Ron NL-S said:

I never knew they had an armoured sleeve over the gunbarrel.

Can you or anyone else tell me why this was done?

I think it was not the right term that I used. The armoured sleeve/jacket is part of the ball mantlet, What I meant to say was that the rifled part of the barrel ends before the muzzle end. 
From from photos taken in the assembly line, the unrifled part appeared to be left unpainted. This was more difficult to verify on combat vehicles. I chose to paint mine in dark yellow though.

Nanond

• 3 months later...

That looks painful as regards the camo detail....I can only imagine the time you spent getting that to look like it does....really nice job...overall nice piece...love the tarp around the gun mantel.

Great job

Regards

Simon.