MNH Panther G. Factory Camo.

Longbow

2 minutes ago, M3talpig said:

Glad to see you raised the enthusiasm to get on with it bud .........looking good.

We have created a monster haven't we.....:D

Andy's getting a little demanding...

We should take his ball away......

See how he likes, "Them Apples !!".  :D

Yes, I did gain a little enthusiasm, when I realized that there is not "That Much" left to do.

I had a delivery yesterday of a DW Early A, and a Valentine MkII, so I have to get the G finished, in order to move on to something else ;)

• Haha 5

7 minutes ago, M3talpig said:

Glad to see you raised the enthusiasm to get on with it bud .........looking good.

We have created a monster haven't we.....:D

You have indeed 😜👍

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, SimonT said:

I was looking at one of those Panthers on eBay today... 🤔

The DasWork kit was a lot of fun to build. 
Delicate detail, that really shines with a coat of paint. 

I’m still struggling with the RFM. 
Everything is in scale, but seems to be “chunky”. 
And the armor texture is a REAL put off :(

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Thats taking shape very nicely indeed.

I like the look of the Valentine kit, its great to see god quality kits coming out of subjects that have been given a good ignoring over the years. Any chance you will be building it for the ongoing MTO GB?

Nooo... I don’t think it will be part of the MTO GB. 

The Valentine sprues look very nice, and I’d had a Libya Caunter scheme in the markings ;)

I’m still struggling with the RFM. I pick it up, tut a few times, shake my head, put it down. 

I’m looking for less pressure :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Longbow said:

Blah... Blah... Blah... :(

I know that feeling when you're trying to find your motivation for a kit, I've been looking for a good paint scheme for my late Panther, I might just have to go with my imagination.  I have the Archer disc camouflage decals that I'm keen to use and since I cannot find a photo of what I want, I'll just have to wing it. :penguin:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Retired Bob said:

I know that feeling when you're trying to find your motivation for a kit, I've been looking for a good paint scheme for my late Panther, I might just have to go with my imagination.  I have the Archer disc camouflage decals that I'm keen to use and since I cannot find a photo of what I want, I'll just have to wing it. :penguin:

Me too - except stencils ... but, so many photos of disc camouflage appear washed out

Lee, you are so close with your RFM build, you can finish it, I'm sure.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Retired Bob said:

Thanks, Bob...

The good thing about the late G’s is most of the camo was pretty standardized, for the most part. 

Good luck with choosing one ;)

33 minutes ago, Robert Stuart said:

Me too - except stencils ... but, so many photos of disc camouflage appear washed out

Lee, you are so close with your RFM build, you can finish it, I'm sure.

I keep looking at that texture and thinking..... Uughhhhhh..... Lol, Not Lol :D

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Longbow said:

The good thing about the late G’s is most of the camo was pretty standardized, for the most part. 

Strange really, since 3 different companies were churning them out, then there were the ambush and disc schemes, plus the paint shortage meant a change to existing schemes.  Then there was the bacon scheme on the G at Bovington. :shrug:

IMG_0270

Must get some 1/35th scale buckets

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Longbow said:

Lee’s tip for the day....

Do not waste your money on Tamiya Extra Thin cement. 

Buy the airbrush cleaner, instead. It’s much more, for much less, and is the Exact Same Product. 

Really, and you've tried....?

Where that fish fork again!

The only thing I can say about the afv club Valentine, which is a really nice btw, is watch out for the decals. I did one a couple of years ago (different version though) and the decals completely splintered once I tried to apply them, totally useless.

Another Panther, good effort!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Really, and you've tried....?

Where that fish fork again!

The only thing I can say about the afv club Valentine, which is a really nice btw, is watch out for the decals. I did one a couple of years ago (different version though) and the decals completely splintered once I tried to apply them, totally useless.

Another Panther, good effort!

Hi Darryl..... Yes. It is exactly the same two ingredients, at the same ratio. It glues, the same, fusing the two parts together. 

Exactly the same product. 

I'm on a Das Werk Panther Kick ;)

• Like 1

As another quick tip.....

I end to keep a spare, dirty, bottle of Extra Thin handy. 

This is used for thinning Tamiya putty/filler, for filling small gaps with a time paint brush.

As my "good" clean thinner gets down the bottle, I'll pour what's left into the dirty bottle for the thinning of filler. 

The "good" bottle is then cleaned and washed, and filled with the Tamiya concoction that is Airbrush Cleaner, but also glue. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Longbow said:

Buy the airbrush cleaner, instead. It’s much more, for much less, and is the Exact Same Product. 

I have just ordered two 250ml bottles....so you better be right Lee or i'm comin around your house and pooping in your slippers :D 

• Haha 3

Just now, M3talpig said:

I have just ordered two 250ml bottles....so you better be right Lee or i'm comin around your house and pooping in your slippers :D 

Christine (Wife unit Mod 1 Mk0) Is a GREAT cook !!

I'll stifle your complaints with BBQ Short ribs, home cooked fried catfish, and enough Cholesterol to sink a Tudor Battle Ship ;)

• Haha 2