Heller Gazelle 1/50. Melt down!!!!!!

stevej60

Hi folk's looking for something a bit different this time I've stuck my neck out for Heller's 1/50 scale Gazelle,one for later in the GB looks to be an interesting kit

despite the odd scale found these pic's from Superhobby which finally swayed me picked up for a tenner at KK.

https://www.super-hobby.com/products/SA-342-GAZELLE.html

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Hey @JOCKNEY, looks like @stevej60 is gunning for outright leader on Jeroen’s GB Leaderboard. Anyone got a Heller Yellow jacket / jersey for who takes out this ultimate and highly sort after prize? 

I'd love to chase after him but my kilt keeps getting caught in the spokes !  

• Haha 5

8 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Nice one Steve 

You are really pushing the boat out for this GB 👍

cheers Pat 

Didn't mention the bagged Hurricane found in a long unopened  half finished kit Pat once the centuries of dust we're blown off the familiar shape

of Heller's Hurricane II came to light,no decal's in sight but I've a few spares for that mark in the stash one for later maybe!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Anyone got a Heller Yellow jacket / jersey for who takes out this ultimate and highly sort after prize? 

Shouldn’t that be a White (Straight) Jacket?  

Will be watching this one by the way as you know why ... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Morning folk's postie called earlier and two Heller kits now in my grubby mits.This is an oldie and I've never seen one before but looks like it'll build

into a nice little kit and after yesterday's trials with the Ouragan decals I have to say this is the best set of  I've seen from Heller,some nice option's

but it has to be the three tone French Army scheme for me.

20201010_130646

• Like 5

That looks nice Steve. I do agree, these new boxes with excellent decals are fantastic value for money. I have a few of these editions myself and the moulds still appear pretty sharp to my (fuzzy) eyes. A crisp Heller kit with state of the art decals... what’s not to like? 

Cheers and good luck again with this one.. Dave 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Cheers and good luck again with this one.. Dave

Cheer's Dave as good a decal sheet as you would find in a modern release I'm tempted by the RN scheme for a future project but not this GB!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Steve,

I have never seen the Heller Gazelle before.

It looks mighty good, especially with these posh decals.

Glad you are doing the Froggy version: they sure look mean in their camo.

Have fun!

JR

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• stevej60 changed the title to Heller Gazelle 1/50. Melt down!!!!!!

... and this was looking so promising too. I was really looking forward to seeing this one take shape, however you have already inspired me to add this to my fast growing Heller kit wish list either way. 

Cheers and all the best.. Dave 

• Like 1

What a great shame Steve. I always dread that sort of thing happening. Sometimes, if I'm good at remembering I place my open glue bottles in a seperate box lid on the desk but I must confess I probably forget most of the time!

Good not to dwell on such things though!

Terry

• Like 1