Das Werk 1/35 Tiger ll

Andy J

Weathering starts from about page 3, nudge nudge, wink wink!

Very brief /simple weathering on a JP.

If it helps great, but it's simple and others would probably do it better...

Just illustrates you don't need to go ott!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Weathering starts from about page 3, nudge nudge, wink wink!

Very brief /simple weathering on a JP.

If it helps great, but it's simple and others would probably do it better...

Just illustrates you don't need to go ott!

Thanks Darryl, I've already seen some of @Dads203 work and it's mightily impressive indeed. My head is spinning a little mate if I'm honest but not as much as earlier when I found myself just staring for ages at the Tiger i just couldn't focus at all. However the troops have rallied round, including yourself, and now I have a better idea of what im doing next 🙂. I will read through the posts you have provided mate and see what I can pick up from them 👍 Thanks for the interest very much appreciated 🙂

• Like 2

Well work got in the way again today so limited time available at the bench 🙄. However I've reached a milestone i now have the three main assemblies together as one, so I actually have my first armour build fixed together and I'm quite chuffed with how it looks 😀. As for the weathering, well I'm reading articles and watching videos to get my mind on track. Hopefully tomorrow i will add some weathering to the Tiger and get a feel for what I'm doing. Here's the latest progress pic's from today's session 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

There are still a few parts to add and of course the weathering to do but imo so far so good. Thanks for looking back soon 🙂👍

Edited by Andy J
spelling
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, Longbow said:

Looking very nice, Andy !!

**Cough** more dirt **Cough**

Thanks Lee ,I'll get round to the dirty Stuff soon mate 👍 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keefr22 said:

That looks brill mate, really good! Big beast innit...?!

K

Thanks Keith, and yes it certainly is a beast of a tank 🙂👍

24 minutes ago, M3talpig said:

Awesome mate just awesome :like:

Thanks Steve, but I need to apply the weathering because atm there's something missing I'm not sure exactly what it is but I will know when I see it if that makes sense 🤔

Just now, Longbow said:

Look a Night Shift’s video on the Fermann Tiger I weathering. 

May as well I've watched every other weathering video on YouTube 🙂👍

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Bet I can find some you haven't....!! :tease:

K

Well if you do find some kindly keep them to yourself please 😂👍

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

It does look good Andy and I expect that the weathering will make it even better.

John.

Thanks John I appreciate your comment 👍 

• Like 1

So having suffered a brain overload with all this weathering mullarkey I decided to take action and let the Tiger ave it. I decided to have a go at chipping the top surface of the turret. Well I think it looks ok for a first attempt, probably overdone and not politically correct but I couldn't sit and stare at the tank any longer. I think it was @M3talpig who said everyone has to develop their own style and now I understand what he meant. I did actually enjoy my couple of hours after work though not knowing what the outcome was likely to be meant squeaky bum time for me 🙄. Anyway here's a few pic's of what I created, good, bad or indifferent im fairly happy with the results 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

So there we have it I've started the weathering process at this rate I should be finished for Xmas......2025 🙂. Thanks for looking back soon 👍

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Longbow said:

Andy.., Your chipping s too uniform bro. 

Looks more like chocolate chip camo at the moment. 

Well that's one way of putting it i guess. So know i need to find a solution 🤔

26 minutes ago, Andy J said:

Well that's one way of putting it i guess. So know i need to find a solution 🤔

Less dots with dark centers. 
Think random. That paint is pretty thick in the real thing. 
Takes a lot of use and deep scratches to get to primer and bare even deeper for bare metal. 

And less is always more ;)

Edited by Longbow
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Longbow said:

Less dots with dark centers. 
Think random. That paint is pretty thick in the real thing. 
Takes a lot of use and deep scratches to get to primer and bare even deeper for bare metal. 

I think i get what you're saying Lee and it shouldn't be too difficult to try and put right. Thanks for your help 👍 

• Like 2

You’ve nailed the technique Andy for sure, but less is more as they say mate. Not a serious criticism but I’d dial it back a bit, Just think of the areas that would get high traffic from the crew especially on the turret. On the hull look at areas that would get scraped or really battered by trees or foliage and areas around pioneer tool stowage, these often Chet chipped up. Warn paint around hatches is very common and the underlying metal gets a nice polish from boots and uniforms constantly being rubbed. 

You are moving in the right direction for sure Andy, keep it up :thumbsup:

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Andy J said:

I think i get what you're saying Lee and it shouldn't be too difficult to try and put right. Thanks for your help 👍 

Hey... That post of mine may have come off a little harsh, and it wasn’t meant to be. 

I was in the middle of a frustrating moment, at the time of response. 

I apologize if I upset you...

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Longbow said:

Hey... That post of mine may have come off a little harsh, and it wasn’t meant to be. 

I was in the middle of a frustrating moment, at the time of response. 

I apologize if I upset you...

I can take the criticism mate no problem at all. I'd rather be told when something is not right gives me a chance to do it again 🙂👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Dads203 said:

You’ve nailed the technique Andy for sure, but less is more as they say mate. Not a serious criticism but I’d dial it back a bit, Just think of the areas that would get high traffic from the crew especially on the turret. On the hull look at areas that would get scraped or really battered by trees or foliage and areas around pioneer tool stowage, these often Chet chipped up. Warn paint around hatches is very common and the underlying metal gets a nice polish from boots and uniforms constantly being rubbed. 

You are moving in the right direction for sure Andy, keep it up :thumbsup:

Thanks Dan much appreciated. I have received a lot of praise during this build so when something doesn't look right I'm man enough to accept the criticism that's due that's the essence of the forum where I'm concerned. I've hit a wall atm but I'll persevere and try again tomorrow 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Longbow said:

Andy.., Your chipping s too uniform bro. 

Ithink it looks great with a little raw umber oil ...and i mean a very little in some odd spots it will add to effect beautifully....add a few dots here and there and then with a white spirit dampened brush dab at it till most of the oil is removed leaving a hint of light rust...remember less is more with this method

Stunning first go bud with more practice this is one effect that really will bring your armour to life ......brilliant just brilliant :thumbsup:

• Like 2
  • Confused 1