Das Werk 1/35 Tiger ll

Andy J

Just now, keefr22 said:

Uh-oh...!! :)

K

Yep don't worry about it mate cus it'll probably go tits up anyway 😂👍

• Haha 3

AFAIK...As a rule of thumb, inside the fighting compartment would have been the base exterior colour of dunklegelb whils inside the crew compartment would usually have been the ivory white colour of Cremeweiss. The remainder of the inside being red oxide.

Looking forward to the Marder, it's a really nice kit!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

AFAIK...As a rule of thumb, inside the fighting compartment would have been the base exterior colour of dunklegelb whils inside the crew compartment would usually have been the ivory white colour of Cremeweiss. The remainder of the inside being red oxide.

Looking forward to the Marder, it's a really nice kit!

Thanks for the information Darryl much appreciated 👍 

Well I've added the tools, spare track and the other bits and pieces carried out a bit of fettling and my first armour build is complete 👍. Although I've struggled with getting to grips with the weathering side of things I'm happy with the final results. A massive thank you to everyone who followed along the encouragement and support I've received being a newbie to armour has been unbelievable and I tip my hat to all of you 🙂👍.Here's a pic of the finished build i will post more in the rfi section later 

spacer.png

Once again thanks to all for your support and help much appreciated 🙂👍

• Like 11

Andy , you should be proud of yourself, you have done a cracking job. You have come across a lot of new techniques that you have never done before and you have ended up with a really fabulous result, you have done a super job. Looking forward to seeing your next build...

all the best

Ed

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, edjbartos said:

Andy , you should be proud of yourself, you have done a cracking job. You have come across a lot of new techniques that you have never done before and you have ended up with a really fabulous result, you have done a super job. Looking forward to seeing your next build...

all the best

Ed

Thanks Ed much appreciated. Tamiyas Marder lll next i fancy a crack at the tri coloured camo scheme will start a wip probably tomorrow 🙂👍

• Like 2

1 minute ago, vytautas said:

Why not now? Why postpone? :rofl:

Vytautas

It's gonna take me all night to clean the bench mate I've got weathering dust and debris everywhere 🙂

57 minutes ago, Andy J said:

It's gonna take me all night to clean the bench mate I've got weathering dust and debris everywhere

But I was ready to watch, already leaning back comfortably... I think you just try to dodge! :rofl:

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, vytautas said:

But I was ready to watch, already leaning back comfortably... I think you just try to dodge! :rofl:

I'm just as excited about my next build as you are but I need a re fuelling break before I start. Well that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it 😀👍

16 minutes ago, Longbow said:

Great job on the Tiger Andy !!

spacer.png

Thanks Lee I thoroughly enjoyed it except for the choc chip camo 😉👍

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, robw_uk said:

need to work through this whole build, come on a long ay since I last popped past - and that is a superb finish...

Thanks rob I appreciate your comment. One or two frustrating moments for me mainly due to my impatience but at the end of the day I have a completed armour build that I'm very happy with 🙂👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JeroenS said:

That's a darn fine job there Andy! First armour build eh, I think you've been practicing in secret mate 😉 

Thanks Jeroen, time to move on to the next one not that I'm excited though 😜ðŸĪŠðŸ˜ðŸ‘